My Posting Place

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by threefirefour, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Are you sure you aren't the one who is narrow minded?

I thought like you back in 2002-2012. But at some point one needs to update one's beliefs and take into account the new information coming in. A perpetual war is not ok, and only an actual threat to the US (as in a threat of something taking place on the US soil) could ever justify it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      i wouldn't say "narrow minded", you, and Bill, are very intelligent and I believe if presented with an argument that had superior logic and merit, that we would, you would, be open to it, and could expand our cosmology, world view, and intellect.

Regardless, I really like you guys, so let's let the American drama, world drama unfold, and keep our cool.

Today I played badminton, lifted weights, went to a herbal sauna in a garden, and was actually thinking about neuroplasticity for a moment... member @linearb mentioned that meditation can actually alter the brain and this can be seen through high tech imaging. This means, regardless of what advancements may come to save the day... there's a lot we can do to alter our destiny...

I am trying to stay in a good place now. I lost a dear friend recently, my great friend and mentor, I am thousands of miles away from my folks, my dad is not well, I am not cashed up, and my ears are a mess.... which means 24 hours of flying is really dangerous for me... I digress.

Just trying to avoid conflict for now... same team... and you are both great members on this forum.

Peace.

• Like Like x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I had flown for over 24 hours several times (while wearing earplugs and noise cancelling headphones or muffs), and ended up being fine...

• Like Like x 1
    4. ChrisBoyMonkey

ChrisBoyMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Yes I am sure it's you. You keep arguing like it's actually a full on war. You make Russia sound so frivolous as if they haven't already hacked into our elections and keep eyeing expansion wherever they can. As if we aren't in a trade war with the supreme citizen flogging and censoring system of China, as if we haven't received missle threats from the so called "Rocket Man" of North Korea. An FYI: Presence is more of a deterrent. That alone is huge in military strategy. But I digress.

There's always going to be some people that arent going to agree with what you think and you have to accept that. No matter who is right or wrong, there will always be disagreements on some issues.

Let's agree to disagree, my reasoning behind this has already considered your argument but doesn't agree with it and I don't think you want to change yours either, so quit it.

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    5. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I've used earplugs and muffs for a few short flights and I am doing much better now. I did an 8 and then a 14 hour flight when I wasn't in a good place... and have residual fear on my part. I'll be fine. I really would like to fly business for those long flights.... perhaps one day, you never know. Take care BB.

• Like Like x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    6. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Hey Bill, remember when CNN did an exclusive interview with Osama Bin Laden in his secret lair in Afghanistan while wanted by the US government?
      Isn't that amazing that CNN's Peter Arnett could find him but the US government couldn't?
      Exclusive Osama Bin Laden - First Ever TV...

Nothing to see here. Follow the narrative. Dictators bad. US is good. ISIS isn't actually Isis. Bee ba bo bo.

SeveralWeakFlounder-size_restricted.gif

• Like Like x 2
    7. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      US has always been openly attempting to influence elections in other countries. One of the countless examples is US helping to get Yeltsin elected in Russia. In 2016, Russia might have paid $100,000 for some ads, which is unimaginably small compared to how much is being spent on ads during US elections. Crimea situation is messed up, but is justifiable when looked at from Your point of view. The US has openly helped the people who had violently overthrew the Ukranian government (that had been a Russian ally), placing the Russian Black Sea military bases in danger. The fact that Crimea hasn't historically belonged to Ukraine (it was part of Russia before Khrushev, who was Ukranian, gave it to Ukraine as a personal gift), and the fact that Russians are the majority in Ukraine, and Ukranians are the minority, had also helped the case for invading Crimea.

That Steele dossier on Trump was created by an ex-UK spy, so it would seem that the UK had attempted to interfere with those US elections too [the link between Steele and UK government seems to be a lot stronger than the link between the Russian firm paying for those ads and the Russian government] and this attempt has gained more traction and was a lot more successful, and yet for some reason it doesn't appear to you to talk about the UK attempting to interfere.
      Not sure how a trade war justifies an actual hot war, and in a completely different country. Also I don't think the US will ever want an actual war with China, so that trade war is completely irrelevant as far as this issue is concerned.
      If the US weren't messing with North Korea, he would never have made any of those threats.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. ChrisBoyMonkey

ChrisBoyMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Just wanted to apologize for calling you narrow minded @Bill Bauer. Daniel is right, you don't seem to be narrow minded. I was just moody, I didn't feel like talking politics much on a friday night while I was out with my wife lol I'm happy we can agree to disagree.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    9. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Don't worry.

I hope I don't come off sounding like a hippy ("peace, no matter the cost"). Nothing could be further from the truth. I support war in cases when there are actual measurable and obvious benefits to the people of the country waging the war. I don't see this in the case of this 18-year old war. I see the losing side getting the benefits (e.g., being rebuilt using the American taxpayers' money). That's messed up.

• Agree Agree x 2
    10. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You do realize that every time North Korea has "threatened" us it was actually a quote taken totally out of context after we explicitly threatened them.

It always goes like this:

America: We are exploring all option militarily to counter N. Korean aggression and can take out their regime at any time.

North Korea: We are ready to defend ourselves and if attacked we will decimate the Americans.

HEADLINES NEXT DAY:

North Korea- "We will decimate the Americans".

C'mon man, do you really think North Korea is any threat to us? Do you really think they would attack us in a first strike?

• Like Like x 2
    11. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      3dsmkb.jpg

12. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      3dsmli.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    13. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      3dsmmw.jpg

14. bruh moment
      Frustrated

bruh moment Member

Tinnitus Since:
      `2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      BRUH

15. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      3dsn1w.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    16. bruh moment
      Frustrated

bruh moment Member

Tinnitus Since:
      `2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      bruh

Attached Files:

17. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2k48t0.jpg

18. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      This-Is-CNN---This-Is-An-Apple-Image-3217198.jpg

19. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm really tempted to turn this into a pizzagate sub.

• Like Like x 1
    20. incelitus
      Question it

incelitus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      qtip gangbang/kurt cobain
      ALONE AGAIN IN MY BROKEEEN
      tinnitus fuck ya ma nigga
      getting nutz over herez

• Hug Hug x 2
    21. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You eat two pounds of vegetables a day, love nature, listen to Russian folk music, love art... you may not be a hippy but you are pretty cool in my book.

• Like Like x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    22. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Vladimir Vysotskiy isn't exactly a folk music artist, but you are right - I like most music created between 1920 and 1959 (on both sides of the Iron Curtain), and that includes folk music. During one road trip, I learned that driving around Utah and Arizona while listening to Soviet Red Army songs produces a strong feeling of dissonance.

• Funny Funny x 1
    23. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Now that I think of it, I also have a have a beard that will be turning 30 several short years from now (this doesn't refer to its length, just the time when I first got it). Could I be a hippy and not be aware of it?!

• Like Like x 3
    24. Kain
      Disappointed

Kain Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      excessive loud music through earbuds
      hey look it me

AF7AB932-4E1A-4199-9EF5-3FF0A507F50C.jpeg

• Good Question Good Question x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    25. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It is very possible my friend... don't freak out if you are a hippy. If you feel faint, sit down, drink lots of water and perhaps listen to some Neil Young.

• Like Like x 3
    26. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The guy you posted on songs you like, he was playing an acoustic guitar, it was from the eighties I believe and downloaded off YouTube i believe............ it left me feeling really horny and wanting to shag...... weird..... I know.

27. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Despite being frowned upon by the authorities, Vladimir Vysotsky got so popular during the 1970s that his wife (and many other people who were around during the 1970s, including my dad) described walking down a street in the evening and hearing his songs coming from most open windows. People would copy cassettes with his songs - an early form of viral audio.

He wasn't just a popular singer. His songs had introduced many new sayings and expressions into the Russian language. In addition to being a songwriter and performer, he also became an A-list movie actor.

Too bad he died in his 40s...

• Informative Informative x 2
    28. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I am sorry he died so young... he had amazing charisma... even though I could not understand the words... the feeling was powerful... it really was a soul moving performance...

I will share some of my musical loves another time... I have yet to do that on this forum...

Gotta teach now... see you later.

• Like Like x 2
    29. vaseto99
      No Mood

vaseto99 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fuck if I know
      MFW almost 2 years of this shit

weed-smoking-man-1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 4
    30. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      @ChrisBoyMonkey on your profile you wrote that your tinnitus seems to have stopped fading. I couldn't reply to that there, so I have to reply here. It is normal for the fading to slow down. If you can't notice improvement on a weekly or a monthly basis, it doesn't mean that you won't be able to notice fading on an annual basis. If tinnitus fades by a constant percentage (say 5%) every month, then you would expect to 5% of a large number to be a large amount that you notice. At the same time 5% of a smaller number is a lot harder to sense.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1