My Story ~ Tinnitus for as Long as I Can Remember, Worsened After a Concussion

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by John Kyser, Mar 1, 2019.

1. John Kyser

John Kyser Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music, machinery. Worse after concussion
      I have had a background ringing in my head for as long as I can remember. I always thought that was the price I paid for rock concerts in my younger days. Then last May 16th, I was knocked unconscious which resulted in a concussion. The tones in my head have gotten progressively worse since then. The tones are several different octaves. Last night a piece of metal was dropped to the floor about eighty feet from me, but the noise almost hurt. The result is a new octave in my head. Just deal with it, I suppose.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      Ok, I'm not very smart, so I need to state that first.

If you have access to a decent ENT, do it.

2nd, your tinnitus may be related to your TMJ, it's physiological and can be treated with massage and other therapies, it's different than noise trauma, which I have.

3rd, a bunch of technologies are coming, bimodal stimulation... they may work for you.

4th, you have come to the right place, there's a lot of knowledge here and support.

5th, you are not alone, and yes we all have to just "deal with it" the best we can.

I hope you get some relief, and that new octave settles down.

HBOT, oxygen therapy, magnesium, shoot man, maybe you should go to an ENT asap... some people think steroids are good after a noise trauma...

Read up on hypercusis, do you have those symptoms?

Good luck, I'm sorry you're hurting.

• Like Like x 1