My Success Story (Not Your Typical Story)

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Gateway, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Gateway
      Sad

Gateway Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL (sudden sensorineural hearing loss)
      This is not your typical success story. But, this has helped me, I hope it will help all of y’all

I really do love what these forums are trying to be. They, definitely, helped me at first when I didn’t know the answers and I couldn’t find any either. The people can help you on here, for some answers, that’s for sure. But, that comes at a price; the forms really do more harm than good.

A lot of these members on here are huge blessings-they are very knowledgeable and willing to help. But, I find staying on these forms to be a way of letting your tinnitus run your life. For me, as a Christian, that should be my main focus, that being my faith. But, instead, more often than not, I let my tinnitus be the focus of my life; which is wrong. Even if you don’t believe in Christianity, There is something to be said about letting your tinnitus be the forefront of your life.

My aunt, for example, had a similar experience in her tinnitus. Her’s was caused from the same thing as mine, that being, sudden sensorineural hearing loss, but mine was less bad than hers, way less bad. She went completely deaf in one of her ears and had tinnitus as well. I’m so truly blessed by GOD, because I can only imagine the struggle of having tinnitus and being deaf at the same time in that ear. My hearing loss was not that severe by any means either, especially compared to hers. My hearing actually was restored back to normal levels with treatment from oral and injected corticosteroids, while she remained deaf in that ear. But, still I was left with the tinnitus. Her story of her recovery is much better than mine, although. She said it took her six months to get to where she never heard the sound of her tinnitus. She could only hear it if she thought about it. But, here I am nearly 8 months in and all I can think about, a lot of the times, is my tinnitus. now, why is that; if her’s is and was objectively worse why is it that it was so easy for her, or at least it seemed that way.

The brain is a powerful thing, I believe GOD made us that way for a reason. HE gives us the power to conquer anything through HIM and HE gave us our brain as a catalyst for that. I believe that my aunt was able to recover like that, because of three things. Firstly, she believes in GOD and has faith in HIM and of HIS return. Secondly, she believes that HE will never give us more than we can handle; as well, I believe, HE helped her get through it and blessed her because of this faith. Lastly, I believe that she just lived her life and didn’t think about her tinnitus all the time like so many of us here do, and I for sure know that it is easier said than done. And, I believe that us doing this, our obsessing, is what is hurting us so bad.

I’ve been in the low places, trust me. I’ve not known what to do, it feels like there’s no lower you can go. GOD and HIS strength, alone, is what got me through it, and it’s what continues to. As well, HE gave me the realization that staying too much on these forums, searching for answers that might not really exist, and constantly thinking about my tinnitus is what is hurting me and stopping me from getting better and making my life feel normal again.

I encourage you all to think deeply about the things I said- about GOD and the power of our mind.

I love you all❤️

My Prayers are with you all and every tinnitus suffer,always❤️

• Like Like x 3
      • Hug Hug x 3