My Time to Share. Respect to You All!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Danza, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Danza
      Fine

Danza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      Next Thursday it will be 6 months with the onset of T. Time flies, when you are having fun ;) :rockingbanana:
      First I want to thank this forum and all of you guys! This forum is very encouraging and people here are so lovely, I have warm feelings for every each person here. I have seen desperate Newbies getting advice from the “Oldies” and then I have seen the new people turning to help the latest in the Forum. I really want to give a virtual hug for everyone. I have been here reading these stories like a crazy person for 6 months and now it is my time to try to contribute or at least tell my story.:huganimation:

How did I got the T
      It was a really bad night out in a lousy club, horrible loud music played by the most miserable drunken band ever. I was there with my friends - there are okay lol. Looked back on my history with loud noises and the history was indeed impressive; I have always loved dancing – it has been my thing when I was younger, done aerobics, giving classes myself and done loud sport hobbies, night clubs – you name it. It is cumulative for me and appeared after that stupid night. :arghh:

Feelings
      I felt like nearly everyone here at the beginning: angry, panic, frustration, sadness... And I lost some weight, didn’t see any light in the tunnel, I was counting, how many years I still “have to be here” etc. I am a mother and I felt sad for my kids – they would have to deal with a very depressive mom. My husband tried to comfort me (BTW I found out that he has a T, but he has never even mentioned about that and he don’t care about it at all lol)

Time for action – things I did (my new hobby was trying to ease my pain)
      - HBO x 6 times at the Tinnitus clinic (It was after the new year’s fires and many people in the chamber got T from the fireworks. It was good to talk with the others before the treatment)
      - Physiotherapy x 10 (Was more relaxing than anything, very empathetic guy)
      - Sound therapy (got the music files from the clinic, started to listen them at work every day, my frequency was edited off the files, I still use the files)
      - Saw doctors, psychologist, fellow t-people etc, took some time off from work (I first had T in my left ear only, or that was how I felt, they wanted to do a MRI, Warning: it was SOOOOO loud, I panicked and I think it made my right ear worse, I was so angry after that, also after “they” syringed my ears, “just in case” before the hearing test OMG. The hearing test showed a hearing loss in the left ear, even 30 db, but later on it disappeared (another test) Go figure…But I know I can't here the most highest frequencies, that are not shown in the normal test
      - Started to take vitamins: Magnesium, Zink, B 12, fish oil etc. Ginko “what ever that is” bilboa
      - I changed my hobbies: Bodycombat activities to outdoor sport, I haven’t been in the night club since etc.
      - And finally I made “them” prescribe me Betaserc. My doctor said: “it is not going to help”. I had the recipe in my purse for week and then after one desperate week I started to take that. And you know what: It helped me immediately. I had a bad migraine, I sat in the bath tub crying at night, but I could immediately feel that the medicine that I just took did “something”. Was I one of the lucky ones with this medicine? It made a big hizz to my brain, but I got used to it. The PEEEP-sound started to faint away. I ate that medicine at least 3 months
      - I made custom made ear plugs in case of I know there is going to be a lot of noise, I started to protect my ears
      - I talked with some people that I knew had T, and really bad ones, (I couldn’t understand why my T that was not loud was bothering me so much and they were okay)
      - I looked for the succes stories from TT, (in my country not many positive things in the internet)

Where I am now
      My T is now very very mild there has been a big change towards better! T is lower in frequency and I can detect it only of I plug my ears really well with my fingers. Sometimes I even think it is totally gone – but I know it isn’t. It doesn’t bother my sleep. In the mornings it can be a little bit more noticeable, but I have to kind of find it and I am not that angry to it any more.
      I have fear of loud noises, but not that much as in the beginning. I have had a lot of good days. Sometimes the fear of the future messes my mind, but I try to work on that too. I have another more serious health issue in the family (also with the ears) and maybe that is why I react so strongly to this condition. I have been depressed, but I think I can see the light. I enjoy the happy moments more, I actually live healthier life etc.

:rolleyes: I respect you all!

• Like Like x 8
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Danza,

Thank you for posting your very uplifting story! I would say that you are definitely on the right track, and making progress every day. It's good to see that you are out there living your life again; that is really the best way to deal with this condition that we all share.

Thank you for a heartwarming and positive post!

Best wishes and hugs,
      Karen

• Like Like x 4
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Danza
      Fine

Danza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      Well, Thank you Karen!

You are one of the people here who really has helped others here. I have been reading many of your posts and I really admire your warm touch in this forum. And I know others share my opinion. I hope that you are doing well also.

:huganimation:
      Danza

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    4. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Heippa Danza. Yksi suomalainen lisää... :)

Nice to hear that your tinnitus has gotten better. You've really taken the bull by the horns it seems, trying all these treatments.

Out of curiosity, those people in the chamber at the Tinnitus Clinic, did you ever find out how many of them improved after the treatment?

And you're right about Karen, she's the best! :)

Welcome to the forum,
      Markku

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Danza
      Fine

Danza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      Kiitos Markku!
      Good work here at the TT forum, I am still asthonished of this great place, you and your team should be famous for this (y) - I am not kidding!

I have been talking with one of the guys afterwards, he didn't know if the chamber had any effect, but the guy himself has really moved on.
      My situation is better now and I think doing the HBO kind of helped the over all situation, because I did it in the beginning. And then continued with the medicine. I can't really say, was it the time, chamber, medicine. The most effects I got after starting taking the meds.
      I recret not taking more "contacts" from there, but it is quite delicate situation there. You talk only if someone talks to you etc.

Danza

6. theekarwash
      Nerdy

theekarwash Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise and/or Ear Infeciton
      Very inspiring story Danza, sounds like you're making really good progress and that is fantastic! :)

7. citigirl13
      Happy

citigirl13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/1/14
      Good for you! I am so pleased that your T has gotten tones better! Ideally I would like to be where you are - where I can only hear it when I plug my ears. I would be happy with that. Your T sounds like it is a lot better, and who knows? It might go altogether if it is already this low! :)

People do say time is the healer, and they are right: I myself I am getting used to my T. I'm not scared of it like I was anymore, and I don't monitor it as much. If there is a change I don't panic anymore, and am more optimistic of the success with my T. Fear is the worst thing, but once we get through that T is not a problem.

I hope things keep getting better for you!

• Like Like x 1
    8. Tenna
      Anime

Tenna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Fantastic Danza! Very happy for you, might you add your thread to the success forum too? It needs more stories like yours (y)

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Danza
      Fine

Danza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      @theekarwash Thank you for your comment!:thankyousign: I hope that you are making a good progress too!

@citigirl13 I am 6 months in and officially soon a "chronic T person" and I still have it, but like you said - we never know. Someone posted that during the first year many good things can happen with T!!!!:) and also after that! I hope it will happen to you too. Time really is a healer. I so much agree that the Fear is our worst enemy. We cant't let the fear take over. I actually also bought a "The anxiety and phobia workbook" by Edmund j- Burne. And I AM going to read that book an do every single exercise there is to beat the fear! We have to write down the worst thing that can happen and also the best thing that could happen. Once we write the thigns down we have more tools to really process those.

@Tenna. :love: Do you mean that I could add the story I wrote to the "all mighty" succes story thread? :whistle: There is 2 problems. 1) I don't know if this story is good enough and 2) i don't know how to do it - lol

@Markku about the Chamber. I just remembered that there was one guy who said that years ago he got T and got later on rid of that (why I didn't ask him more details :eek:), now he got T again from fireworks and had been in the chamber 17 times. He really believed that HBO will help. Also someone with sudden hearing loss really got help from HBO. What I know for sure that they are really busy at the clinic.

10. Tenna
      Anime

Tenna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Hahah yep! I do very much find your story to be worthy the all mighty success story section - you can just copy your text manually and post it there. Your story is an important part of 'successful t' and it should definitely be a contribution there :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Danza
      Fine

Danza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      @Tenna
      I was thinking that I WILL POST some day to the succes stories -section, but not just know. Maybe I am a little bit supestitious. Its true there has been a drastic improvement with the noice, it is actually amazing, An I thank God. but mentally I am not there yet....
      Danza

• Like Like x 1
    12. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Danza, your posts have already have given me hope. Thank you...

• Agree Agree x 1
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Danza
      Fine

Danza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      @gary This means a lot - thank you!