My Tinnitus — Week 7

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dmitriy, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Dmitriy
      Relaxed

Dmitriy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot Exposure
      It's my 7th week with tinnitus after loud noise exposure. I went on vacation last week. T didn't bother me as much but did have some headaches. When I came back I had horrible migraine-like headaches for 2 days. I really thought something got worse but I think it was just my body adjusting to jet leg. My vacation was a number of flights, some of then over 8 hours long. If you have T do not worry about flying. Planes are pressurized and your T should not be any worse then usual.

I am really getting used to my T. I stopped masking at night and I can go to sleep without focusing on it. Stress continues at work which may contribute to my headaches.

I stopped taking B12 and Magnesium. I am still taking multi-vitamin. I started to run in the morning as well, and I want to resume the cross fit sessions I was doing in the evening. Those are pretty tough so I am not sure how well it will go, so I will start slowly.

The pulsanite T in my left ear still comes sometimes. It does seem to come when I am more stressed. One day I noticed that when I had it a muscle in the leg was twitching as well, so maybe it's something in my diet. I read that B12 may cause muscle twitching which is why I am not taking it anymore to see if it makes a difference.

I went to ENT on Aug 29. All tests are good, ENT has no idea why I have T. He said to treat it as any other injury and just give it plenty of time to heal.

What I do
      • Stopped - multi-vitamin, B12, Magnesium in the evenings
      • Take 1-2 long walks per day to de-stress
      • Drink chamomile tea at night to calm anxiety
      • Occasional 10 minute meditation
      • Morning run

2. Stasiapascual

Stasiapascual Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 15, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Allergies/ sinus
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dmitriy
      Relaxed

Dmitriy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot Exposure
      My T didn't go away but I am beginning to identify triggers. Last night I didn't sleep good and today I have static in both ears. I noticed a few times that lack of OR bad quality of sleep really spikes my T.

I have other posts after September.

4. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I think it's wonderful that you journal your progress. The only downside is that even when you journal it, the tinnitus is on your mind and your focus may not be shifting away from it. The key is to shift the focus away from the tinnitus and live our lives. Regardless, keep up the good work.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @fishbone - I believe you are so right about a shift of focus.
      When I started to get very active on here, some months ago, I would avidly scour the posts and listings for a possible ‘mother lode of pure gold.’
      Of course, I could not find it.
      It doesn’t exist.
      But I still searched avidly for a large part of my day.
      My lovely misus, who amongst other things, is a retired hypnotherapist suggested/insisted on a different tac.
      “By all means go on the website, talk to your friends, help each other, if you can,
      BUT NOT OBSESSIVELY.
      You know what Tinnitus is all about, you experience it, at the moment you virtually eat sleep and drink it.
      Make your occasional visits more of a casual, social experience, and I guarantee you will feel better.”
      So now I visit here occasionally, and I have to tell you....she is one very wise lady.... guess what?......She Was Dead Right !!
      Jazzer

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Coping and adaptation is the only pure gold, that I can think of. Obsessing over anything, can simply just not help us make progress...

• Agree Agree x 1