My Tinnitus Can Be Completely Masked W/ Even Lowest Cricket Sound?!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Beste, Jun 29, 2016.

1. josh77

josh77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/4/2015
      Crickets are the best! My hearing loss is mostly at 4k frequency. They are the only thing I can use to mask. White noise or other sounds just seem to make it worse or end up sounding like static which only makes my T louder. I'm trying hearing aids and they do help but only if they pick up the crickets I always have playing in the background. The making options on the HA area joke. I would move to T-land.

I have yet to find a masking device that you can upload your own tracks. Some have bluetooth so you can stream your own sounds but this set up burns through the batteries and you have you be caring your music device around with you. The best thing I've is what I posted recently.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      Sorry for the latest news but now I got severe tinnitus in both ears. My right ear used to ring quietly but now with both ears ringing loudly with high pitched sounds I can hear my tinnitus over crickets. I don't know how long I can take it anymore.

3. josh77

josh77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/4/2015
      @Beste I completely understand. I somehow find a little hope each day. I have accepted at some point I will have no other choice. Life was so good

4. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Hey Beste, did you see the thread on Riluzole? Would you want to ask your doctor about it and see if it would make sense to try? I don't know if it would work for you or for me but personally I would like to try it myself just to see if it helped. I don't want you to do anything though that would hurt you.