My Tinnitus Comes and Goes, Is That Healing? Yawning / Chewing on My Right Side Makes a Sharp Noise?

Discussion in 'Support' started by JoyBenz007, Jun 5, 2017.

1. JoyBenz007
      No Mood

JoyBenz007 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My tinnitus has gone down significantly in the last few days... I still hear it in silent rooms however it comes and goes... Does this mean I'm healing or habituating?

I also notice it BECAUSE when I yawn or chew on my right side it's a sharp noise... Does this have anything to do with my tinnitus? Is anyone else familiar with this feeling?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      If you made so much progress in just one month, you have nothing to worry about. It looks like you will be cured. Congratulations!

Moving one's jaw forward often makes T louder. This is normal. I assume this is similar to yawning (another movement of the jaw).
      Chewing on the right side as a way to make T louder is very strange.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoyBenz007
      No Mood

JoyBenz007 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you bill, I'm hoping to be healed!

It is strange! But it does being my T back into the picture when I'm eating.....

4. Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      It may very well be that. However, I had the same thought about myself.

I had it first for two weeks. It disappeared for a month. Well, in that month I got it like once, one day. Then it came for some days, disappeared for some weeks, came back again..and disappeared. I had the same thoughts as you do, perhaps this is a good sign. Then it came back in early may and I still have it. Hopefully it goes away again, for me and you...and everybody else :)

5. Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      The way you descrive your T it sounds more as a neck/jaw problem which I think is a good thing. Because T that is related to neck/jaw should be cureable.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    6. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      If you have habituated to your tinnitus @JoyBenz007 it's the fastest time I've heard of and congratulations. However, I advise you to be cautiously optimistic. It also depends on what originally caused your tinnitus? If it was exposure to loud noise, then I advise you not to listen to music through headphones even at low volume. I also advise you to avoid quite rooms especially at night. Use a sound machine by your beside at night. If you click on the link below, read my article on tinnitus that you might find helpful.

All the best
      Michael

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/tinnitus-a-personal-view.18668/

• Like Like x 1
    7. Applejuice

Applejuice Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20-3-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'd say keep doing what you're doing. Take care of your ears and maybe let someone look at that jaw but don't overdo it.

Maybe eating soft food is better for your right side? That wouldn't do any harm.

• Like Like x 1