My Tinnitus Constantly Fluctuates/Changes Noises?

Discussion in 'Support' started by amybu22, Nov 1, 2015.

1. amybu22

amybu22 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Hey guys.
      I've had Tinnitus for over 7 months now and I don't know about everyone else's but mine just constantly changes.
      Sometimes it'll be a static noise and sometimes I'll have static in both ears with a tone in one ear or I hear like crickets etc and some days it's louder some quieter.
      I don't tend to hear it when I'm out at work unless I'm in a dead silent room with no air con or unless it spikes for a while.
      If I'm sat in car and were not in motion I hear it and I always hear it at home sometimes over the tv.
      Stupid stuff makes it temp louder like just running upstairs too. Weird?
      Does anyone else's fluctuate so much? I'd have thought mine might have stabilised out by now.

2. T is strange and I think most (if not all) sufferers would say that their T fluctuates and changes due to certain stimuli. If I come from outside and sit down in front of a computer my T is crazy (static/tone) but it calms down after a few minutes. Peaks and valleys, the key is not to be too excited when you don't hear it and not too anxious/depressed when you do. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Barbara777

Barbara777 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2015
      I've had t for 9 months now and it fluctuates in tone and volume many times throughout each day. It changes from a hiss, screech, whistle, or combination of them all day long. Sometimes the sounds get loud and sometimes they are lower. My t is reactive to noise, so any constant noise, such as road noise or vent noise can make it turn very loud and stay like that for hours. I also thought by now it would have calmed down, but no such luck. I keep hoping, though. Maybe habituation will happen, but it is very hard to get used to this.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Blujay

Blujay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1900
      Does it do that even if you wear earplugs in the car?

5. Barbara777

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2015
      Yes, even with ear plugs my t gets loud in the car. I take a bus and train to work and wear ear plugs during the commute, but the t ramps up in volume. It doesn't have to be really loud noise. The vents at work run all day long, and my t gets so loud, even though I will put on noise cancelling earphones. By the end of the day I just want to be home where it's is quiet. It has been like this since it started nine months ago and hasn't changed.

6. Blujay

Blujay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1900
      If not too personal, what kind of car is it?

Have you ever checked the decibel level on the train?

7. Barbara777

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2015
      I have a Nissan Sentra, but it happens in any car I ride in. The decibel level on the train is about 80, and 75 on the bus. The vent noise in the office where I work is about 65. So the levels that I hear with my ear plugs in are lower but still my t gets loud. It's just very reactive to constant noise.

8. Blujay

Blujay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1900
      A lot of people with H have this problem. And many do say it gets better over time, as long as they're careful not to irritate things. Many are even able to eventually ditch the earplugs.

For now, be thrilled you can ride in a Sentra, in other cars, and on a train, and that the T goes down again.