My Tinnitus, Fluctuating and Sometimes Randomly New Sounds

Discussion in 'Support' started by Makrohn, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Makrohn
      Supportive

Makrohn Member Benefactor Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss - Explosion - Stress
      I have cookie-bite hearing loss that I inherited from my dads side of the family and I use hearing aids.

At 16, I got Tinnitus in both ears and it started out as a high pitch tone with a hissing I´ll say about 8-9 kHz.

I am now 37 and I still have that initial sound, but 4 years ago I got a new sound,
      and I feel like it is more in my right ear about 250Hz so it is much deeper than the one I had.

The new T is also fluctuating through the day, and I feel noise makes it worse.

Luckily, I sleep ok at night, but I would say I have severe Tinnitus with 3-4 different sound.

Sometimes it even peaks with an ever higher tone.. lasts usually a couple of hours or so.
      And some times, I can experience a completely new sound, which is more a vibrating tone but this also just lasts a few seconds. Makes me scared.

I fear that some of these sounds I hear randomly one day will become permanent. I have been coping ok with my initial T but now, after 20 years things are getting hard. I pray that a cure is soon to come.

Anyone else with something like this?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. The unpredictable nature of new T or when it kicks into another level can instill a lot of fear in our mind and we tend to have distorted thoughts such as making projection into the future as if what we fear will be a reality. Such fear keeps us spell bound by the T bully. It is best we just live the moment and deal with the current situation which may have more control. I made the mistake with catastrophic thinking due to severe tinnitus and hyperacusis, called cognitive distortion in CBT, that my future would be as dark and as intense in suffering as my worst moment. By so doing I suffered needlessly. Today I live a happy, normal, productive and absolutely enjoyable life. The same ringing sound can't even make my brain react to it negatively. So don't worry about the future. Just live positively the current moment. Try to mask your T if it bothers you. This is our new normal and try to accept it. I talk about some helpful strategies in my success story post below. Check it out. Take good care. God bless.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...w-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

The cure may come one day. Some drugs are being tested.
      OTO-311, RL-81, SF0034 are all either being tested or researched. So the medical/pharmaceutical world is catching up on tinnitus with these new drugs on the horizon. At least it is comforting that efforts are there to develop something for us. There is no guarantee that any new drugs will work for all T sufferers in the near future but the hope is there someday they will find something more effective for T treatment than what is available now. Check out the Treatment section on TT for more detail. In the mean time, it is to our advantage to find ways to cope with our T so we have less suffering.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Makrohn
      Supportive

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you for your words of wisdom @billie48 I really appreciate it :)

I have had T for 20 years, but I have not been looking much into all the different ways to calm it through relaxing or changing the thoughts and perspective. I agree that worrying about the future is a waste of time, but I believe my brain is vulnerable to this since I also have general anxiety. I will probably have to work systematic with my thoughts and how I react to the sound of T and I will be using this forum to find ways that fits me and my situation.

I will read your success story, and I am glad to hear that you are living a good life regardless of T and HA.
      This gives me and others hope that one day we will be able to live a normal life.

I will also follow the medical treatments undergoing testing or research, it certainly is an exciting field. Since I also have a moderate hearing loss, I might one day benefit from re-generating hear cells if stem cell technology finds a solution. Until then I will make my best to try to live in the moment, not worrying to much about the future as I am doing today. My biggest fear is to lose more and more hearing so that T becomes more and more dominating.

All the best to you.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Makrohn
      Supportive

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The last couple of days has been really hard on me mentally.
      I do feel I have very high levels of anxiety, and all though I try to stay positive, I do find it hard to see a bright future.
      My right ear is really bugging me with new sounds, fluctuating sounds and a somewhat clogged feeling.

Those of you suffering from anxiety and T, does your T get worse in times when the level of anxiety is high?
      This has been more or less stable in 1 month now so I´m fearing it is about to become a chronic state.
      I am trying my best to get some good quality sleep, but it is easier said than done.. Maybe I have become to occupied with my T lately that I am just being to aware of it?

5. sara
      Alone

sara Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2011
      Yes anxiety has a direct effect on tinnitus. My anxiety usually triggers my quiet and calm tinnitus to new heights or even tones or sounds.
      It is often tough to get it under control. Anxiety directly effects my sleep which then causes spikes in my tinnitus that can last a while .. I mean months. For some reason October months are the worst for my tinnitus. I have no clue why. I am trying to fight it every single day and not let myself down. I also have catastrophic thoughts. Once I saw a documentary of a woman with extreme tinnitus and hypercausis which got worse and worse .... for some reason I can't get it out of my head. I try to stop myself from thinking like that. Honestly we just have to take it day by day. It's true. Just have to fight and not give up.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Makrohn
      Supportive

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @sara

I´ts been 2 months since I posted here, and the situation is pretty much the same.
      My anxiety is still here, but some what better... I think I have moved into a depression state. Things now feel more physical than they did when I suffered from anxiety alone.

Anyways, my T is still living its own life with random sounds and pitches.. Level fluctuates all day, and I have not found any pattern yet. I think everything is connected in a way, and what affects one part of our body could easily affect other parts. And when our brain is affected by T, anxiety, depression etc. no wonder its hard at times.

Regarding the documentary and the case of that woman... I think you can find these stories in many people regardless of what they are suffering from. No need to compare yourself to her.

I wish you all the best!

7. MiaX
      Fine

MiaX Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably tension in the jaw, neck and shoulders
      Did you seek help yet?

:huganimation::huganimation:

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Makrohn
      Supportive

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes, I am currently getting therapy for my anxiety :)
      Will probably take some time to reach the goal, but at least I am on my way.

• Like Like x 1
    9. MiaX
      Fine

MiaX Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably tension in the jaw, neck and shoulders
      Happy to hear that!!

I wish you the best and remember: it is going to be alright, it just takes time.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    10. sara
      Alone

sara Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2011
      Hello yes you are right. I really hope you find a way that's going to help you very soon. I have been trying to figure this out from the first day it started. I am thinking maybe it's food sensitivity. I did have a very random T Sound in my right ear that would go up and down all day every day it was very loud and very intrusive. I went on a candida cleanse for two weeks. By the first week I noticed a change in the volume of the T and it kind of Resolved. I mean it would come back but not as loud and not as intrusive and not as often. And it honestly saw it's way out of my life for a good while. It's still not like as it used to be. But i did experience a bad spike last night but it only went away when I went to sleep. Anyways I think food has a direct influence on this tinnitus situation. It's good to try different avenues and Serb what works the best. Wish you all the best.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Makrohn
      Supportive

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I agree with you on the food having some influence @sara I really cant find any other answer to what is causing the ever so annoying fluctuations. It makes sense cause food is what makes ut going and is the energy source for most of the bodys cells. I have yet to do any deeper studies in what food spikes my T and not... But I do believe that eating as clean as possible and avoid unnecessary sugar/artificial sweeteners could be positive in the long run.

• Like Like x 1
    12. sara
      Alone

sara Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2011
      Yes give it a try ... it won't hurt anyways. Try renew life candida cleanse it's a 15 day cleanse using all natural non gmo herbs

Good luck

• Informative Informative x 1