My Tinnitus Has Got Under Control but Dizzy Spells Now

Discussion in 'Support' started by Gin, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Gin
      Alienated

Gin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2015
      I have been dealing with T since July. So fairly new to this. I went to gp early on and was put on steroids and it came back. I went to several doctors and they said it may be early onset Meneire's, considering I was having some other symptoms as well. I went to take my hearing test and came back with some hearing loss. My MRI came back clean. I really struggled dealing with T. I'm still not sure it is temporary or not. I have an ENT appointment set for Jan 14th. I cried, when I found out I couldn't get into to see him any earlier. I have kind of accepted the T and started doing pretty well dealing with it. My doctor refused to give me any more steroids, which actually knocked it out for like 3 weeks or so. So needless to say I was upset. Well either I have adjusted to the T or it has gone down some. I was having some dizzy spells but no vertigo. I did have the eye jerking, which I hear is a symptom as well. My doctor prescribed me some Meclazine to help until I could get in to see the ENT. Yesterday I had a really bad dizzy spell. I literally had to get in bed and just lazy on my back. Couldn't even turn over to one side or the other without being really dizzy/sick. I took some Meclazine. About two hours later I got up to walk to the kitchen feeling a little better. But my right ear felt incredibly full and I start experiencing hypercusis (the sensitivity to sound, which I hadn't had since the first time I experienced T). It is better this morning but am still a little dizzy. Is there anything that I can take during the work day that won't make me sleepy? Also, anyone else with Meneires, do these symptoms sound familiar to you? (just curious/nervous since I haven't seen an ENT yet and all the other doctors are saying it's possible). Just looking for support and advice. Thanks.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Gin,
      I have had Menieres for a really long time now and understand how you are feeling.
      Ask your doctor about Betahistine ,Proclorperazine and Buccastem as will help with the dizziness .
      I will support you anytime and on most days so just ask away...lots of love glynis