My Tinnitus (Hearing Aid Helped Me)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Abbas angha, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Abbas angha

Abbas angha Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear surgery
      I have tinnitus for about 15 years, I have hearing loss, I talk to my doctore he said wear hearing aide, then I went to see a ear doctor, he said there is a defective bone right behind my ear drum which he can replace by surgery, I made my worse decision ever let him do surgery on my left ear, my tinnitus started right after I was up after surgery, the doctore name is shaw from Appleton, wi, then he move to Madison, wi, this doctore changed my life for $3000, I writing this to tell poeple that if you have hearing lost get a hearing aide, don't let anybody go to your ear and damage your nerves, my tinnitus is going to stay with for ever, I have learned how to deal with it, cold weather makes it worse. Good luck to all of you.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      That sounds horrible. I wish the best of luck for you. I would try taking vitamin supplements just to help your body heal. Is it possible to sue him for unnecessary damage to your ears that caused a big life change.

3. MikeP505
      Curious

MikeP505 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Punishment for being so darn good looking!
      So.... what if your completely DEAF like me? What if you can never again use a hearing aid? I am currently awaiting surgery for a Cochlear Implant!! I will risk my life in order to be able to use a flipping telephone again!!!

4. MikeP505
      Curious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      How are you doing today Kazue? Hope your holding up well.

5. Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @MikeP505

I am fine actually, thanks for asking. My T has been quiet for the past 2 days. I woke up to no ringing that lasted even in the shower. Unfortunately, when I got to school, it was still there. I still get temporary spikes when I hear music but other than that, I'm good. My parents are thinking about going to the movies once again. I just went last week and it was hella loud. I'm thinking about turning down the offer for the sake of my ears. So far, it's around 1.5 out of 10. How about yourself?

6. MikeP505
      Curious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Kazue

Well hell, I'm doing better than a woodpecker on a hardwood tree!! :ROFL: Ask your parents to buy you some decent ear plugs and go and enjoy the show with them!!

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @MikeP505

Well, I hope your T gets quieter. Can you take any medicine to quiet it down? My mother still insists that I don't need earplugs because my hearing is fine. I don't feel like battling with her so I'll just wear my noise cancelling headphones. That should cancel out at least 10 decibels of sound. Of course, nothing will be playing in them. I'll just have them over my ears.

• Like Like x 1
    8. MikeP505
      Curious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:

I have tried so many things to quiet my T. Best thing I tried lately is to...................accept it!! Waiting to try a Chinese herbal remedy called Er Long Zuo Ci Wan! Just ordered this stuff. Comes highly recommended but yea never know, might not help me like it helps others.

9. MikeP505
      Curious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just happy your not suffering as badly now. Hope you can finally beat this noise!!

10. Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @MikeP505

Yes, I hope this buzzing goes away in a few months. If not, then that's fine too. I'll just accept it and ignore it. Not to scare you or anything, but please be careful with the implant. I've heard stories of nerves being damaged and people's lives being ruined. Some people lose their taste, some people like this person; loss more of their hearing. I shouldn't bring up negative things but I want you to be aware of the risks. I hope you get superb hearing just like you used to. :)

11. MikeP505
      Curious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      As yes. Thanks for that. I would be more cautious if I was getting one done elsewhere. Sunnybrook Health Sciences in Toronto is one of the TOP 3 in the world for this surgery!! I know I will lose some taste along the side of my tongue. Might come back but probably not. They have to cut thru one of four nerves and thats the one they aim for here in Toronto. I can deal with that if I can hear things again, make a phone call again, listen to the engine in my car running again........ lol

12. MikeP505
      Curious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sunnybrook has never had a single patient who didn't receive at least some hearing restored. They have a massivly good batting average with this implant. They have never caused facial nerve damage like you read, EVER! I could be their first......... thats a risk I gotta take!!

13. Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Ah, don't think that way. You might be the patient who gets the most hearing back. Sounds like a reliable hospital. I trust your judgement and optimism. Everything will be fine and you will be finally able to talk on a telephone. (y)

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. MikeP505
      Curious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      When I first went in to see about the implant, I discussed all the risks with having this surgery with the program director. He was the one who told me all the stats on how well the team is there and that " I could be the first" line was told to me by them. Not to scare me but just to say...........yea never know......

Awesome team there. Fully trust them. I hardly doubt I will be " their first " but ........ yea never know lol.

Cheers buddy!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    15. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      That is the best route and what I did. As soon as I stopped fighting it, I gradually began to pay less and less attention to it. Now, it just background noise that my mind has determined is not worthy of my attention. It's like a wasps nest; they make a lot of noise, but as long as you don't bother them, they will not bother you. Same idea. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    16. MikeP505
      Curious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      This is about the best advice for anyone who suffers tinnitus. I refuse to just give up tho. Still trying other methods and treatments. Waiting for a cure may be redundant for those of us in the middle ages.