My Tinnitus Is So Strange

Discussion in 'Support' started by Reece bude, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Reece bude

Reece bude Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/8/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gig/Etd retracted full eardrum
      I have days when it feels like my head is vibrating and then days like today where it's so quiet I need to look for it to find it, I've been having more and more of these days recently. It only gets loud when I cry about it. I think I maybe on the road to either recovery or habituation , I should hope so after 3 and a half months !

• Like Like x 2
    2. Capricornus
      Inspired

Capricornus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I think that's a good sign Reece! Last week was to me the best week ever with T, except yesterday which was kind of shitty (Sunday what else can I say). Do you mask your T or use sound enrichment?

Also, it would be very nice if you could explain more about the T that you experienced during your years as an active musician. Thank you!

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Reece,
      Lovely to hear and may it continue and a bright and happy 2017 for you too...lots of love glynis

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Reece bude

Reece bude Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/8/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm so glad for you ! Such a good feeling isn't it when you feel semi normal again. At night I use sound enrichment in the form of pink noise on my phone , very low volume which again is a sign I'm hopefully getting better.
      I've had tinnitus for years but honestly until this spike 3 months ago I would have probably said no if someone asked if I have it! I used to breathe over it in bed. However I got stupidly complacent and gave my ears a bit of a bashing this year , loud headphones and a day at reading with no plugs , believe me I feel so guilty all the years of wearing plugs even at the theatre and I get complacent and spike the bastard ! But yea I think with this sound enrichment, breathing and de stressing I think I'm on the path to putting back to the back of my mind !

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Reece bude

Reece bude Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/8/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks Glynis hope your ears are behaving !

• Hug Hug x 1