My Tinnitus Sounds Like Singing Glasses / Tibetan Singing Bowls

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Laser_Cat, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Laser_Cat
      Worried

Laser_Cat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi folks,

I just started having a ringing in my left ear that started about a week ago, and I have no idea where it came from! It sounds like when someone plays singing glasses/glass harp or a Tibetan singing bowl, it IS pretty quiet but I am someone that only finds peace in silence, now this is breaking that peace for me, and I'm dreadfully worried that it will never go away! The odd thing is that if I'm laying down or just waking up in the morning it isn't there at all, but seems to appear and get worse throughout the day, and if I'm upset or angry boy does it get loud!

I'm not sure where this all came from. I am someone that has had misophonia for a long time especially around the sound of barking dogs, bass music and loud neighbors, and I rarely listen to music (although I do enjoy nature sounds / white noise and podcasts). I'm not sure if this is anxiety based or what but I am really nervous that it won't go away and that I'll never have silence again. =(

Has anyone else had a similar sound in their tinnitus?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Laser_Cat
      Worried

Laser_Cat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm wondering if it's typewriter tinnitus, because it does sound a bit like Morse Code. I was also struck by a car as a pedestrian 5 years ago and had a concussion for 2 months. I'm just wondering if anyone on here has ever had this particular type of Tinnitus?

3. Orions Pain
      Sad

Orions Pain Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      This is one of my sounds too, it’s almost like a weird oscillating hum. I also get intermittent Morse code beeping sounds layered on top.