My Treatment for Tinnitus Is Not Caring About It

Discussion in 'Support' started by conbsgc, Jan 17, 2015.

1. conbsgc

conbsgc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      october
      the less I care about it, the less I hear it, the mind is VERY POWERFUL....

when people live next to airports they always claim they would hear the planes all the time, but eventually they get used to it and never notice them anymore.

its the exact same thing with tinnitus

your brain is designed in a way that it takes over and adapts, you're are designed to adapt to change and circusmtances!!!

don't waste time dwelling on tinnitus (I know its easier said than done) but start slowly by living your life, reading a book and analyzing how much u care because u chose to listen to it. (that is how I did, nowadays I don't even hear it unless I go in my head "I haven't heard tinnitus, let me look for it, and its there"!

there are tons of resources that help your mind!!!

Speak with someone who specializes on the mind, YOU CAN CONTROL YOUR BODY NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND, good luck!

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. Jesse Pinkman
      Badass

Jesse Pinkman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2011
      If you stop caring about it it will slowly fade away from your awareness. Habituation is kind of like breathing. You do it all the time, but most of the time youre not even aware of it.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. Irene MALONE

Irene MALONE Member

Tinnitus Since:
      24/12/2014
      I hear what you say and it makes sense ,you must be a very strong person,.i will try and do what you advise,

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      conbsgc

conbsgc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      october
      No Irene is not about being strong, is about learning how to use your mind.... have you ever been to a big city like NYC? newcomers always claim its so noisy there is sort of constant boom boom boom in the air 24/7 and u hear it at night the most... the sound of the city!! well when you're in NYC for a long time that boom boom boom disappears, and you can only hear it if you bother to look for it with your mind!! it s the same thing!!! your body adapts!!! your brain is capable of amazing things!!! the problem is people dwelling on a sound they cannot even during the day most of the time!!!

slowly (baby steps) start by forcing your mind to think about something else, you'll see that in 20 seconds you'll be back to the tinnitus thoughts, then force it again, and again and again... you'll see in less than you think you'll even forget about tinnitus!!!

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      conbsgc

conbsgc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      october
      By the way, I wanna leave you with a quote I read on a book about tinnitus. (Why do you want to hear silence so bad? you're alive, you'll have plenty of time to hear complete silence when you're dead!)

• Funny Funny x 1