My Unusual Case of TTTS: No Triggers and No Other Ear Issues

Discussion in 'Support' started by sr913, Jul 28, 2019.

1. sr913

sr913 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TTTS/MEM
      Hi everyone. I'm looking for some advice about my TTTS. I've read just about every thread on here, but my case seems different from most of the others (I put a * on stuff I think is different).

Facts:
      - Male, 40-ish
      - Had it since February
      - Thumping noise that I can hear and feel. Left ear only.
      - No tinnitus, hyperacuisis, or other ear issues before February (or since then).*
      - No clear trigger. My episodes aren't started by stressful moments, yawning, burping, noises - nothing.*
      - "Episodes" (continuous periods of at least 1 thump/minute) last between 4-12 hours, almost always until I go to bed but never continue into morning.
      - From March-May it was bad: episodes every 2-4 days on average. Since then, it's stretched out to every 6-8 days.
      - Started taking cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril) daily around mid-May.
      - I've noticed low-grade neck pain and jaw pain on the same side as my TTTS (left) since February. Not sharp pain but more like a dull ache. I've always had posture issues and have had neck pain off and on in recent years.
      - I definitely have a jaw-clenching habit both day and night.

What should I do next? See a chiropractor and/or PT? Get either a cheapo mouth guard or the fancy dentist version? Change up the Flexeril dose/timing or add other meds/vitamins?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can advise.

2. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      May I ask if you have a history of frequent exposure to loud noise?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sr913

sr913 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TTTS/MEM
      Definitely not frequent, and on the odd occasion it did happen I've never noticed ringing ears or other symptoms afterwards.