Napping & Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by mike, Apr 26, 2012.

1. mike

mike Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1 1/2 months
      [-]

Tinnitus
      It comes lasts for 2 or 3 days, with day 1 or 2 extremely loud.
      The quiet is usually for 2 days rarely 3 days then the whole cycle begins again. It's almost like a clock goes off in my head and says: time for T.Go to bed real low .Wake up real high.
      The only thing that disturbs this cycle is if I nap. I mean even if I'm sitting on the couch watching TV and I doze off it will turn a quiet night into a new noise cycle. the nap makes the T loud. I have been like this for 3 months now. Anybody else have anything like this.

2. Jim
      Happy

Jim Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2007
      Yeah, I think this is a fairly common symptom. I quit napping just to ensure that I was dog tired when I went to bed so I would have a better chance to fall asleep. I went for several years without napping. I'm back to enjoying an occasional nap now.:sleep:

3. Karl

Karl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2011
      My tinnitus is just the opposite: When I wake up, it's the lowest.

What bugs me the most is the sound of vibrating lights. In our family room, we have a light that is buzzing at a high pitch. I'm not sure how to make the light stop resonating. When the light fixture heats up, and it starts resonating. Sometimes I have to leave the room, it bothers me so much.

My wife rips my head off if I say anything about the light. It's amazing that some people without tinnitus have no idea what it's like.

• Hug Hug x 2
    4. Strife_84
      Energetic

Strife_84 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mixing music for long and too loud.
      I just noticed that after a nap my T increased in volume. I don't know if it's because my sleeping position, or what, but just 1h nap,woke up and T is now higher in volume.

At morning it was more silent.

Very interesting.

5. winstona
      Balanced

winstona Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure and excessive ear irrigation
      I have the exact same thing.
      I often use this slight predictability to plan for days that require relative quietness. What I do is if I know I need quieter ears in two days, I will try to take a nap when I can to wake up the loud T so that 2 days from now will e relatively quieter...