Neck Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Worker, May 30, 2016.

1. Worker

Worker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      lots going on at the time
      I have now had disabling tinnitus which sychronises with my hearbeat for 2 years. I have had every imaging possible and the many best eyes look at them and they are all reported as normal. I was diagnosed with somatosensory tinnitus. I can alter the volume with my neck muscles at the back of my neck. Anything which moves these muscles changes the volume and pitch. the volume fluctuates throughout the day. i can move it from the left to the right. it is another form of tinnitus.

i would like to know whether anyone has had any success with a chiropractor with this form of tinnitus to either cure it or lower the volume please? I have no pain.

i am feeling desperate.

2. truesilence

truesilence Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      This sounds like pulsative T. Did you get checked for vascular abnormalities?
      When and how do you think you got T?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Worker

Worker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I have had every scan possible for pt and have been assured by four experts that there is no vascular cause. I am not sure how i got pt. I can do many jaw and neck movements to manipulate it.

4. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Your PT may be caused by an inner ear infection. I had this for 8 months last year. It went away and Ihad a blissful 8 months of normality before ordinary T arrived. I think the two episodes were linked. I enjoyed the 8 months break though!

5. truesilence

truesilence Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      A lot of people can change the volume/ pitch of their T by moving or pressing their jaw/neck/ head. With hearing loss, the somatic nerves are kinda recruited to compensate.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Worker

Worker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It has nothing to do with ear infection whatsoever. Not anything to do with the ear apparatus. I have no hearing loss either. It is somatic tinnitus.
      Was just wondering whether anyone had tried a chiropractor or any other successful treatment. I can stop it with neck positions.

7. truesilence

truesilence Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      I went to an Oseotopath when it all started. It worked ie silenced the T whilst I had the treatment. Maybe you should try having a sports massage and get them to concentrate on your trigger points. I do have to add that many people on TT do not have the obvious hearing loss ie standard Audiogram but you may have hidden hearing loss which most ENT won't talk about. I can stop one of my right ear tones by opening my jaw.

8. Steve Hubert

Steve Hubert Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Try cranial sacral massage

9. Marlino
      Cowboy

Marlino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      What are the symptoms beside T? Was it diagnosed by a doctor?

10. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      I had a perforated eardrum about 2 months into the condition. Hadn't any pain just woke up one morning with blood and pus on the pillow. ENT examined the left ear and said I had an inner ear infection. Gave me antibiotics but I continued to have the condition for many more months.