Need a Dr in Dallas, TX That Knows How to Treat Pulsatile Tinnitus!

Discussion in 'Support' started by PamR, Jul 1, 2015.

1. PamR

PamR Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      I've been to my ENT, had a CT Scan w/o contrast which shows nothing. Blood work ruled out anemia and thyroid. But the whooshing is getting worse instead of better. Sometimes its so loud I feel like my face is vibrating. My ENT hasn't even attempted to hear it. His idea now is 10 days of steroids and a strong anti-viral drug although he admits he has no reason to believe there's an infection of any kind. I need help!

2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, @PamR,

I'm not in the Dallas, Texas area, but I do know that if you're not having much luck with an ENT, try going to a neurologist or a neurotologist for another opinion. Neurotologists know a lot more about pulsatile tinnitus. If you need assistance finding a doctor in your area who can help, you might want to try Whooshers.com to see if they have any suggestions.

I totally understand how you feel about the pulsating being so loud that it feels like your head is vibrating. Mine was like that for awhile, too. It has gotten calmer over time, but is still there. I don't have any answers yet, either.

Good luck, and I'd like to hear more about your search for some answers.

Very best wishes and hugs,
      Karen

3. Mikie_Mike

Mikie_Mike Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral Ear Infection/Prescription Drugs?
      I know this is late @PamR, but I live in Dallas and I'm going to The Dallas Ear Institute ... they focus on ears, and have a Audiologist who focuses on Tinnitus. I just recently got T, and started there, so I can't give a lot of feedback ... but they appear very understanding and willing to try to help, unlike the first ENT I went to ... who just said live with it, and didn't really want to discuss it.