need advice, confused who to approach

Discussion in 'Dr. Stephen Nagler (MD)' started by nogood, Nov 26, 2014.

  1. Dr. Nagler is not answering questions.
    Dismiss Notice
    1. nogood

      nogood Member Benefactor

      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dr. Nagler,

      i have the following symptoms
      T caused by allergic reaction to drugs [ blood thinners] i am off it now. the blood thinner where given for the MI [ nstemi to be exact.. took whole 6-8 hrs to get properly diagnosed and treated, according to doctors not a classic case since i exhibited very little symptom ]
      allergic reaction->some sort of autoimmune conditions/brain fog/dizziness -> sinus troubles -> [ear infection/inflammation]-> high frequency hearing loss in both ears: this is roughly 6 to 7 months ago.
      mri clean
      ct scan clean
      BERA well within normal.

      my symptoms now...

      the T is high in the morning, hearing crickets and what not.

      Have issues with my jaws aching pain constantly, and at times tonal T if it becomes very stiff. It goes crack or click when i open the mouth or move it around a bit. recently many days i can not even open the mouth properly.

      normal low T days its hissing type and bad days tonal, mild h, loud hiss and crickets. I believe all are related and also i am having inflammation issues.

      wonder what to do next, since i am having who bunch of symptoms who would be best person to approach, [ i mean in terms of profession, dentist or ent or someone else]. and local gps here are no good. i rather go to a specialist straight to get faster results.

      thanks in advance,
      [pardon my nick :p]
    2. Dr. Nagler

      Dr. Nagler Member Clinician Benefactor

      Atlanta, Georgia USA
      Tinnitus Since:
      Hi @nogood -

      Interesting nick. Sometimes it's exactly how I feel!

      Seems to me that you are wondering if it's worth the effort to address your jaw issues at this point in time - or should you bypass that and go directly to an audiologist or other clinician with particular knowledge and expertise in tinnitus.

      My approach would be to take your tinnitus out of the equation for a moment. If your TMJ symptoms are such that even if you did not have tinnitus, you would still feel compelled to see a dentist or TMJ specialist, then that's what I would do first. Otherwise, I would go directly to an audiologist or other clinician with particular expertise in tinnitus.

      Hope this helps.

      Dr. Stephen Nagler

Share This Page