Need Help and Support

Discussion in 'Support' started by srfames, Mar 7, 2014.

1. srfames

srfames Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi,

I have had tinnitus since December of last year, after I had ECT for major depression.

I have not coped well with this, I have intrusive tinnitus and am highly sensitive to the hiss or noise in my ears, mainly my left ear, but both ears can hiss or have a tone as well.

I use my iphone and simplynoise to mask the hiss as best possible, and I toss and turn for 2-3 hours before I can go to sleep.

I'm tense most of the time, and it seems like I'm having panick attacks waiting for the hiss to begin or get louder. I have tried talking to my friends and professionals about this, but they don't seel to understand.

I'm not coping well, and right now, I'm unemployed, at the job center and I can hear the hiss even though I have simplynoise going on my earbuds.

I have tension in my stomach, I must have lost 20 pounds because I have no appetite, I'm depressed, anxious, tense and my legs and hands shake.

I feel hopeless and have no joy in my life at all.

Please help me with some of your thoughts and experience.

Jim

2. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Sorry to hear your doing so bad. You need to see a doctor about theanxiety and depression. Even if you don't like meds it sounds like you need them. It sounds like you need professional help there are people who are experienced with helping people with t. Try to find one in your area. Stay optimistic. Others will give you better advice I'm sure.