Rapidly Fluctuating Unsteady Tinnitus Tone: Impossible Get Habituated!

Discussion in 'Support' started by dudeguywithstuff, Jun 24, 2016.

1. dudeguywithstuff

dudeguywithstuff Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      anxiety
      My tinnitus isn't the usual run of the mill steady tone. It's erratic and clicks rather loudly, not to mention it reacts to tons of stuff.

This means I can't mask it, and I hear it all day long. It's impossible to ignore. If I run a fan or my air conditioner, I just hear even more click click click with it.

Even before I got tinnitus, I was seriously depressed. This just seems like the icing on the cake.

If this really is a support community, well, I need support. My life has been completely shredded to pieces as a result of this erratic noise in my ear. I like to think it's typewriter tinnitus or myoclonus, mostly because it's sometimes a sharp click noise and jumps out, but I never FEEL it, and sometimes the sounds are too long for me to justify that it's just some muscle spasm. Plus most people here, the experts on tinnitus, usually say that whatever noise it is that you hear, that's just your form of tinnitus. It really blows that my form of it seems like the absolute worst kind you can get.

I really fucking wish it could just be one solid steady tone. It seems impossible to habituate to a rapidly fluctuating tone. I almost want to induce a steady tinnitus into my ear since that was a thousand times easier to listen to when my ear infection started two months ago.

Please. Someone give me some encouragement. I don't know what the hell to do anymore.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. SillyMama
      Cheerful

SillyMama Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi, @dudeguywithstuff

I'm sorry I never saw your post until now. There IS a group of us here with this intermittent chirping tinnitus.

My tinnitus once disappeared for nearly a year, and it still comes and goes in a rather erratic fashion.
      After 3 years of this, I'm convinced that mine is somatic and muscular in origin. It definitely increases with stress.

I think mine is related to habitual tension I carry in my jaw and neck. I'm learning to lessen it when it comes on, but I haven't yet figured out how to keep it away.

I once asked the moderators if we could have a category for somatic tinnitus, and the reply was they didn't want to increase the number of sub-categories, but it's REALLY difficult for those of us with this chirping tinnitus to find each other.

I hope this reply finds you.

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016-2019 (Mild, Cured) 8/2020 (Severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus / Microsuction / Acoustic Trauma
      Have you considered trying a muscle relaxant on the off chance it would help?

• Like Like x 1