Needing Support — My Ringing Is Really Loud

Discussion in 'Support' started by MichaelCast, Mar 18, 2015.

1. MichaelCast
      Amazed

MichaelCast Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably Toxic drugs/Flu
      Hey guys. I have an ENT appointment in a few minutes. Needing support. My ringing is really loud. Not sure how to cope. Most things don't drown it out. pink noise or crickets or the TV. sleep is hard. this is week 3. How did yall figure out how to deal with this. I know im probably being ridiculous but mine just feels so damn loud. Needing positive vibes!!!

2. Carlo
      Balanced

Carlo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2013
      Michael, you can manage it, and the spike can be temporary. It's a common experience. Hang in there, let us know after the appointment!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MichaelCast
      Amazed

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably Toxic drugs/Flu
      Hi Carlo! The doctor gave me some possible good news!! He said that my ringing might not be from an ear problem at all. It might be TMJ. So he gave me instructions on how to relax my jaw and not to eat hard foods. I'm also going to make an appointment with a dentist ASAP. I have a pretty bad overbite. If I need braces then I'll get them!! Until then I'll have to make due with sound therapy.

• Like Like x 2
    4. stacey
      Bookworm

stacey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/15/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      If its Tmj then it might go down when u get the braces or mouth guard, maybe even muscle relaxants if your doc thinks its necessary.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Carlo
      Balanced

Carlo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2013
      Sounds good! Keep in touch

6. Kevin08
      Balanced

Kevin08 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection
      I saw an oral surgeon last week for TMJ. He wants me to go on soft foods, plus heat packs on the jaw pretty much all the time and 600mgs of ibuprofen every 6 hours for 2 weeks. I may also go for botox shots in the jaw muscles if this doesn't do the trick. If your dentist does a pano have them check your jaw joints for wear / damage. The night guard is a good idea too.

7. Rina
      Energetic

Rina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really don't know
      Hang in there! You will be fine.... The good news is that you know what caused it, so there is a solution and your T may go sooner than later... God bless you and give you strength and peace to ensure this temporary matter!

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MichaelCast
      Amazed

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably Toxic drugs/Flu
      Thanks so much. Really.

9. Asian

Asian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 weeks
      It can also come from tight and stiff neck muscles. Talk to a physiotherapist and see if the ringing subsides after relaxing your neck muscles. You are still very new to tinnitus. It might just go away on its own. People have had their tinnitus gone after years ! Don't worry and try to stay relaxed we all know easy said than done but the stress contributes to the noise . also get on some vitamins and gingko biloba after talking to your doctor. Who knows it might help you. Read the vitamins section in the below URL and you might ask your doc if you can take some of these. And relax it will settle down . good luck

http://www.aviva.ca/article.asp?articleid=303

• Like Like x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MichaelCast
      Amazed

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably Toxic drugs/Flu

Well I think it's possible that it's the TMJ. Whenever I bite down hard my ringing gets louder and more high pitched.