Never Heard Silence

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by tami seastrand, Jan 12, 2017.

1. tami seastrand

tami seastrand Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/62
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Have never known absolute silence
      I have had tinnitus all of my life (54 years). For the most part I have learned to tune it out. I do not know the cause since I have always had the tone in my ears. Lately it has worsened and has different tones, instead of the usual monotone, competing for dominance. Any ideas on how to tone it down a notch?

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      There are many causes which can trigger or aggravate tinnitus including drug reaction or side-effects, ear or Eustachian tube infection or ETD, ear wax build up, ear drum injury, fluid build-up feeling pressured, TMJ, TTTS, high blood pressure or blood circulation problem, loud noise exposure or acoustic trauma, neck muscle problems, hearing loss, Meniere's, barotrauma from flight, grief for the loss of love ones, untreated sleep apnea, elevated stress, anxiety & panic disorder, etc.

The first thing you may want to do is to have an ENT check out your ears to rule out medical problem or that one or more of the above conditions are bothering you. You may also want to look at diet change such as cutting back on salt, sugar, caffeine, MSG, alcohol etc. Members also often recommend using supplements, such as Magnesium, Zinc, NAC, B12, D3 etc. Take care. God bless.

• Winner Winner x 1