Never Knew There Was a Name for This!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by clesueur, Oct 9, 2015.

1. clesueur

clesueur Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hello all!
      I've had this ringing in my ears forever and didn't even know there was actually a name for it until a few of years ago. When I did learn about it, I did online research and found that there wasn't really a cure so I just live with it. Most of the time if there is noise around me I'm fine. I like falling asleep with the TV on then it shuts off with a timer. Thankfully my husband can tolerate that. Sometimes during the day it really bothers me, but only if I start thinking about it. Distraction is the key for me. I don't know a lot about it. Mine is a high pitch constant tone sometimes with a pulse sometimes without. Sometimes it reminds me of being out in the woods listening to crickets chirping. I haven't read anything on this site yet, but am anxious to see what others have done to help if anything in fact can be done to help!

2. joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      Did you visit an ENT?

3. Lloyd Carter
      Wishful

Lloyd Carter Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced Trauma
      @clesueur Your story makes me realize how crippling online forums can be for newbies. You, my friend, are the definition of the term "ignorance is bliss"!