Never thought I'd write this, kind of funny though.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MT09, Sep 4, 2013.

1. MT09
      Inspired

MT09 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress induced.
      Hello all, I'm Ganesh, 20 years old male and I'm from India. I've joined this forum a month ago but never had tinnitus. I'd joined to get info about T since my mom suffers from it. I always felt sad looking at her suffering from this, and also at others who suffer from it. Thanks to this forum I've learned a lot! Five days ago, my mum and I, we were talking about T again. I mentioned how the concept of 'Silence' cannot actually exist to anyone, because there's that one tiny sound that we can hear no matter how silent it is in the background. And 2 days ago, I don't remember exactly what time it started, I was able to hear a faint 'squeeeeee' noise in my head. I don't know if that is the sound people refer to as the 'ringing' sound. But to me it sounded like a 'squeee'(Funny, I know. :p). I ignored it. I'm not sure if it happens to people with the T too, but non-T sufferers often experience a pop in the ear and we hear the 'squeee' noise for a few seconds and it all goes back to normal again. I assumed it was an extended form of that and forgot about it. I could hear it, but ignored it. It was very faint. Woke up yesterday, and I could still hear it! That did give me quite a scare! :eek: I used some drops of general purpose ear drops and carried on my daily activities thinking it'd be gone in another day. Woke up today, and yes, still exists! Okay, now I am a little worried. If I've got the dreaded T, fine, I'm prepared to face it. But what bothers me is, I've no clue what it actually is!! I'll describe more about it.

First of all, I read a lot, because the course I've taken up requires lots of efforts and I put in about 10 hours each day to study from the book. Apart from that, I play the guitar, and sit in front of the computer all the other time! My neck's gone for a spin these days. I get lot of neck pain every time, EVERY TIME I sit and study. I had a similar schedule last year, and I had the same neck pain then. But after the tests, I had a holiday of about 4-5 months. I had no neck pain or anything whatsoever. I was back to the same schedule 2 months ago. And there came the neck pain again! I was very regular at the gym too, since over a year. I always kept it light, nothing too heavy. And 2 weeks ago, I decided to quit the gym because of the pain. I was pretty sure gym would cause more injuries to me if I continued. But of course, neck pain still exists. It's not continuous. I won't have it as soon as I wake up. After a few minutes of reading, I get it. I won't get it if I sit up straight with both my back and neck straight. I get it as soon as I bend my neck a little and read. I get the pain if I sleep on the couch in a little weird way with my neck bent. And if I went to sleep with the neck pain, I wake up with it too. But it goes away after a few minutes of some neck relief exercises. Alright, that's about my neck pain. I could handle that, no biggie.

2 days ago started this squeeee noise. I can't accurately say which ear it seems to be coming from. I think I'd be right if I told it's something like it's being generated by the brain. It's very mild. Very, very mild. And it's continuous, not pulsating or anything. I don't have hearing loss. I have not been exposed to loud music much. Just regular music playback on the computer at home. I haven't used earphones in 4 years. Never had any problems with ear before. My problem is, I don't know if it's Tinnitus I have or something else. And another big problem is, I can hear it all the time. It's not loud. The weird thing is, I can hear it anytime though. It's so strange!! It's not loud, but it forms part of everything I hear. What exactly is happening? It's very confusing. Also, the most important thing to notice is that the area behind my ears, they get hot a little from time to time. And my neck has become quite stiff due to regular neck pain. I still do a lot of exercises to keep it under control. However, the pain gets back instantly the moment I bend it for sometime. My doubt is, and I hope it's true, that this noise I'm able to hear is due to the issues regarding the neck. Is that possible? It also becomes quite hot, so I'm guessing the neck stiffness is causing this? I will wait for 2-3 days and then visit my doc. But does anybody have any possible explanation on this? Further, I've attached an mp3 file with this thread, that almost sounds like the noise I can hear within my head. It's not exactly like that, but that's as close as I can point it out to. And it's not very loud. But strangely, I can say it forms like 10-15% of everything I can hear, no matter how loud or faint it is. Weird! Help me out if possible people.

P.S; Turn the volume down when you're listening to that noise! It is VERY irritating!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MT09
      Inspired

MT09 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress induced.
      Woke up today, and still exists. Now I am quite sure I've got the T... I am a very deep sleeper. I always have a one-shot sleep. I never, NEVER get woken up by anything except my alarm. But today I woke up much before my alarm could ring. And my left leg and hands could NOT stop shaking. I was so scared! For the first time in my life, I was woken up due to a panic attack! I tried calming myself down but didn't help. I was hyperventilating for about 10 minutes. Now it's almost stopped. My hands are still shaking, I'm still typing this on my phone right now. If I have the T.... fine! I think I can adjust my lifestyle. Any tips on NOT having a panic attack? I tried telling myself so much that it's alright, but my body wouldn't listen!

3. James White
      Anime

James White Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe loud music. Not sure.
      everyone on this planet has head noise, ear noise, but does it bother you ? :)

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MT09
      Inspired

MT09 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress induced.
      Yes I know. That noise is exactly what I was telling my mum about. But since 2 days, that exact noise has increased. It isn't loud, but I can hear it ALL the time. Earlier, since birth upto 2 days ago, that tiny noise that everyone can hear, I could hear it only in very silent places. But now I can hear it ALL the time. :( It isn't in my ears. It's inside my head. I can hear it when I speak, when I listen to songs, when someone's talking, etc.. It's not loud, but like I said, it forms about 10% of everything I hear. When the surrounding's silent, I can hear it and it is very irritating. It's affecting my studies badly, I'm unable to concentrate. :cry: I don't know if this's temporary or permanent. Hell, I don't even know what it is! Is that T? Or is it something else?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MT09
      Inspired

MT09 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress induced.
      I'm still hoping this T is temporary, caused due to the neck stiffness/pain. I read some articles on T being caused by TMJ disorders. What exactly happens in that case? Is there any chance that my neck pain could have caused my T? And if yes, is T caused by TMJ problems temporary or is it permanent? Sorry that I'm bombarding too many questions, but I just wanna know.

6. James White
      Anime

James White Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe loud music. Not sure.
      Well i guess i have the same as you, tinnitus is a very broad name for all internal sounds, many people have tinnitus without having noise trauma. Mine is a very thin high pitch white noise that i can hear nearly everywhere except when i'm in the street, or having my mind somewhere else

7. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Sherri786 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Hello , if its related to your neck....maybe it can be treated with cranial sacral massage therapy. Sorry to hear about your T.

8. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Sherri786 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      For remaining calm and not having panic attacks take camomile tea (night blend ) to relax the nerves.