New and Don't Know What to Do

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Kakikaki, May 13, 2017.

1. Kakikaki

Kakikaki Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi Everyone,

I am having a very hard time. A month ago started hearing a high pitched sound and then on top of that it started reverberating off of TV, conversations etc. I am not able to sleep and feel like a total wreck. Don't now what to do!

2. Hopeful1
      Depressed

Hopeful1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      You have to distract your self from T by doing thinks you like.....spending time with your friends.....this will help keep your thoughts and emotions under control.....i am sure you will do it just like the millions who did already.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      Hey man,
      T sucks, but hang in there. It does get better. I'm 1.5 years in, and as long as I stay away from excessive loud noise, or protect my ears while its loud, I'm doing ok. That did mean quitting my job and finding something else, but it was time to quit anyway.
      The first 3 or 4 months we're the hardest for me. After that things started to look up, the T calmed down, I was able to think again. I still hear it, its there always, but it doesnt bother me much anymore to be honest. Even falling asleep at night is not a problem.

If you're REALLY having a hard time, especially with sleep (because its very important) do try to mask your T, perhaps with a TV or something.. there are also apps for your phone for this sort of thing. Or find a doctor that is helpful and willing to prescribe you some clonazepam. It IS a benzo, so it does have some negative side effects to it, but if you can have 50mg or whatever at night before you go to sleep it can help. It has been shown to decrease T annoyance and loudness.

Other than that, as hard as it sounds, try to not focus on the T, keep your mind busy (at times I dont even hear it anymore if I'm busy doing something..) and just try to relax. Massages, mindful mediation, all that stuff.
      You can even start seeing T as a friend rather than an enemy.

But just remember that it will get better.
      Eat and live healthy, protect your ears when it gets noisy.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    5. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. You are obviously having both high pitched T and hyperacusis. I had both of them too when my ultra high pitched T started. Don't panic and despair. It may be tough right now when they are so new to you and your brain. H will usually fade over time or become less of an issue. I had both of these two alien monsters and had suffered quite a lot. So I have empathy for you. If my success story can help you, check it out. You may also read up on other success stories. I also include TT's good thread for new T sufferer with step by step instruction. Take good care. God bless.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...w-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/panic/