New and Freaking Out... Please Help

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Nathan91, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Nathan91
      No Mood

Nathan91 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Hey so I have had tinnitus and hyperacusis since December 15th so I'm about 4 months in and I had hope and was hanging in there in the beginning but now it's all starting to fall apart I'm emotionally unstable and feeling alone and scared anxiety through the roof on xanax at the moment but only slightly helping I would go into my story but it's pretty long would love to tell someone about it to see what they think about my particular situation but it's not important right now I'm just scared and crying and need someone to tell me that's it's going to be ok because I'm feeling suicidal but I don't want to die I'm just exhausted and feel like I can't get a break anyway sorry for seeming pathetic but I'm just scared and I've seen some wonderful people on here and any comfort would be great help to me thanks

• Hug Hug x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. john mccluskey

john mccluskey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/10.2013
      Hi Nathan I'm only 3 months into a massive spike had the same thoughts as you mate . I think everyone does the brain can take you to s low place. I'm still struggling too but trying to find away to get throught this shit . You will too keep the faith

• Like Like x 2
    3. astronomer
      Spaced

astronomer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      april 12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced ( factory/rock band )
      hi nathan,
      i went through that too,well never thought of ending it,life is awesome no matter what, as long as i am healthy enough to do most things i enjoy but with less noise aroung i am o.k with that,my good doctor told me my brain would adjust to it, well it did,most times i forget about it, not always, but i am in a better frame of mind then a couple years ago,i always go with the phrase,be good to yourself,and dont be so stressed ,i know , some will say easier said then done, well , if i can do it anybody can,take care,kevin

• Like Like x 3
    4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the board, Nathan. First off, don't panic and don't despair. Your H will likely slowly fade, as is the case with most people who develop H after T. Your T is also relatively new so you never know if it will fade of just disappear. There are also treatments coming or even available which can help you. Even if it stays, it is not the end of the world. Millions have T and manage to live life normally and productively. Likewise here on TT, many members have gotten better and have written their success stories. Please read the Success Stories forum to feel some hope and to learn some insights. T is not an end game. It is usually tough at the beginning. A few years back my ultra high pitch dog whistle T and severe H turned me into a mess too. So I have true empathy and compassion for your sufferings. I thought no way I could survive T & H, plus the relentless anxiety and panic attacks triggered by T & H (I had suffered decades of anxiety and panic disorders prior to T & H). Yes, the big 'S' word was dangling in front of my tired and stressed out mind too, as it saw no way out of the dark tunnel. I never thought I could recover.

However, never say never. Today I am back to living a normal, productive and absolutely enjoyable life, and I wrote my success story in the 3rd year of my T life. I am not alone, as there are many success stories out there. Go read them up to learn from others how to get better. So please don't panic or give up hope. There are lots you can do to help yourself. Learn from others how to cope and overcome T & H (as I have learned to do so). How we react to T can decide on how intrusive T is. Please read up Dr. Nagler's Letter to a Tinnitus Suffer as in here. Dr. Nagler has suffered much from T and has recovered. So he writes from his experience. Here is the link:

http://www.ata.org/nagler-letter-to-tinnitus-sufferer

Also, TT has some nice instruction for new sufferers, and it comes with link to masking sounds. Sometimes, masking at the beginning is a life-saver for those of us who panic at the hearing of the T sound. Slowly, as we understand T more, we slowly lose the fear for this sound, and then you can reduce the need for masking. So hang in there. You will be just fine in time.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/panic/

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nathan91
      No Mood

Nathan91 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Thanks guys I really appreciate the support and advice I think being on here with people like you is going to be good for me looking forward to getting to know y'all better

6. Joshua

Joshua Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who knows?
      Nathan, I'm going on 2 weeks and I thought I was going to go nuts. I've had good and bad days but even after so short a time I can tell that we can all get through this shit. I had a spike this afternoon but it's gone down now. It's not going to be easy but you can get through it - telling myself as much as you. You can see my post in the introductions thread - so we're in a similar boat. The people on this forum are really helpful and supportive, you can come to them for terrific advice.

7. Ricky81
      Worried

Ricky81 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 14, 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Assault/Contusion/Ear Infection
      Make sure you always have sound on.. plenty of white noise, rainfall apps on your smartphone. Use them at night so you get a good night sleep. I know I was up the first week I got T. I could not fall asleep. But now I sleep like a pig.

8. uncle vikin
      Musical

uncle vikin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Subjective tinnitus r ear cause ( unknown)
      Hang in there Nathan w T it could be a symptom of something that will subside or you may find the cause .Here you will find the support you need.I did .It got me through 6 months .My T is still at a faint hiss most days .I believe mine was an infection still doing all the things I learned on here from these great people .These people on here are very helpful all the info you need is on here or at least the most current info on T.Nathan you will be alright.
      Uncle Vikin

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. Ricky81
      Worried

Ricky81 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 14, 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Assault/Contusion/Ear Infection
      Nathan.. do you hear your T during the day or just at night and in quite rooms?

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nathan91
      No Mood

Nathan91 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Thanks guys to answer about my T I hear it all day and all night I just listen to it while lying on my pillow till I just sort of pass out I miss that euphoric nice feeling I use to get when drifting into sleep but intrestingly enough I can't really hear it at all when I wake up in that half awake and half asleep phase but it eventually starts up and when it does I'm up all day no matter how much I want to take a nap or relax or something it's like being a wind up toy and you have to just go till I run out

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    11. Lorenzo74
      Mellow

Lorenzo74 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Hi Nathan and Welcome..

I would suggest you to play around with different masking sounds til you find the one that better masks your T and I am sure it will help you to stabilize your sleep pattern.. Very important to sleep well.. I go to sleep with fire sound, just slightly higher than my T and it helps greatly on not focusing on it…

Also work on your emotions and response to your T, how you react to it influences so much how you feel it… So try to keep busy mentally and physically and to accept the sound, until it might just goes away on itself, or so I wish for you..

Best of luck, and take care of yourself and your ears...

12. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      Nathan,

We all freak out at first! Try to keep busy and ease off on caffiene, sodium, sugar and alcohol. Test the effects of each on your T.

Take some super B-complex, Methyl B12, calcium, zinc, NAC, fish oil, magnesium oil and try Vinpocetine.

Use a nature sound masking machine at night. Try, 3mg of Melatonin, 5HTP and L-Theanine and hour before bed.

Don't lose hope! Read success stories here on TT, till you fall asleep! I'm a newbie, but these veterans know the "T" drill!

It's a tough road at first, but you're not alone in this brother and we all feel your pain. You have to believe it will get better and it will!

You're in my prayers!

God bless,

Sailboardman

• Like Like x 1
    13. Marijana
      Kick ass

Marijana Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most probably standing (working) near speakers on a festival
      Hello Nathan!:)

I'm really sorry to hear what you are going through :(
      I honestly believe that you will find peace and ease your life battle with that thing. Please do not think about "S" it's not worth. Life is beautiful no matter what. It will be OK! (y)

If you need someone to talk to feel free to message me, I'll gladly listen to your story! :huganimation:

• Like Like x 1
    14. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Keppra got rid of my tinnitus consider trying it.

15. RobMA

RobMA Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      What's Keppra?