New Here — Pulsatile Tinnitus Ruining My Life

Discussion in 'Support' started by Thumper123, May 28, 2018.

1. Thumper123

Thumper123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi everyone,

I have just signed up here after reading many posts from people on this site. I am in a terrible place due to this pulsatile tinnitus, and have a young baby who I'm finding it increasingly difficult to care for.

My PT started when I was 4 months pregnant, it was mainly heard when bending over or lying down at night, but the further along in the pregnancy it got more consistent. I saw my GP who told me it was very common in pregnancy due to increased blood flow and that it would go once I delivered, oh I wish he was right.

I'm 4 months postpartum and it has been 24/7 relentless since my baby was born. I have timed my PT and it is definitely my heart beat, roughly 84 beats per minute. It increases when i exercise or jump up suddenly, and slows down with rest.

I feel like the sound is coming from my whole head but sometimes it's definitely my right ear, which can occasionally feel full. The sound is I suppose a whooshing sound but sometimes I'd say more a drum sound, just thumping away.

I cannot function at all, I already had health anxiety so this has really pushed me to a bad place. I am convinced I am going to drop dead from all the scary possible causes I have seen. At the same time it's making me not want to go on another day.

I was recently referred to an ENT (who said my ears were fine after a very quick check) and have an MRI due 13th June to check vessels. From what I have read I have no faith in the doctors and I am already convinced they will miss something.

I am 27 years old, but a very inactive 27 year old who has smoked a lot in my short life! So I am obviously very concerned, I know everyone is suffering here, but any words of wisdom, advice support would be greatly appreciated.

A very concerned new mum x

• Like Like x 1
    2. RichJ

RichJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      There are lots of tests to narrow it down. CT / MRI / cerebral angiogram (that I just had). No need to panic. I think we all started at the ENT.

3. TinA#7oct
      Amused

TinA#7oct Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Handpiece's (air driven turbine drills) repair of
      Thumper 123, When you hold your child, rock back and forth to the sound of your heart beat, singing a nursery rhyme. When your child’s cries try to sing to them in your mind.
      Remember when your child cries out, he or she is telling you how much they need and love you. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers TinA#7oct

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Thumper123

Thumper123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks for your replies, I'm just scared the amount of time it will take to get all of these tests when doctors don't seem bothered by it at all that it could potentially be life threatening. Mine is very low pitched sound like a bass drum and constant. Which makes me think from what I've read it's more than likely vascular

• Like Like x 1
    5. TinA#7oct
      Amused

TinA#7oct Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Handpiece's (air driven turbine drills) repair of
      Thumper 123, I use my tinnitus beat to calm me down by breathing in through my nose for five beats and out my mouth for five beats. . Ear plugs may help you after getting up from hearing your baby cry. When I try to sleep, I sing in my mind to my PT beat. It's just another way to mask PT. To answer your question, I believe you may be right. I hope you get your results from the Dr. soon. May you and your family, have a great day.

Sing to me a lullaby
      With your voice so sweat and clear
      Sing to the beat of your heart
      For it makes the song more dear
      TinA#7oct

6. Proteo

Proteo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intense pressure in the inner-ear during infection
      I reduced my chewing to a minimum, and the PT went way down after a few weeks. I am also avoiding strenuous exercises.
      MRI and CT scan found nothing, but I haven't tried a cerebral angiogram yet!

7. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?