New Here — Tinnitus, PTSD, Bipolar Depression, Schizophrenic, Bad Anxiety

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Christopher2200, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Christopher2200

Christopher2200 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have had tinnitus for about 8 years now. I have been diagnosed with PTSD, bipolar depression, schizophrenic and have bad anxiety. Got ear infections in both ears and have had tinnitus ever since. I got hospitalized in July for being suicidal and was out of work for several months. Over the past months have started burning self and cutting myself. I see a psychiatrist and have been very open about the suicidal thoughts and the burning and other things as well. Anyways my question is has any of you been through this as well and if so what helped you get through it? Talking about the suicidal thoughts.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      ouch I'm mentally ill with tinnitus and a hearing deficit too.
      Hope you enjoy your stay on the forum and make sure to protect your ears bud.

I have several friends with schizophrenia and don't judge anyone for being mental health issues.

Do you have noise induced pain as well?

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Sorry you are suffering so much that has caused you to have dark suicidal thoughts. Many of us have those dark thoughts too during the darkest time. It is quite common but not many do proceed to carry out the unthinkable act of no return. It is a one way ticket with unpredictable result. I say that because during my darkest time I was flooded with dark thoughts so much so I checked out youtube which has lots of stories of people coming back from near death experience by suicide. After reading their stories, I decide to just stay put and take on T heaven or hell while I am alive. I am glad I didn't do the unthinkable as today I live a normal, productive and absolutely enjoyable life. Just came back from a month of vacation in Florida. This is something I never thought I could still enjoy during the darkest suffering. If you are interested in some of my strategies, check this out. Take care. God bless.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...w-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

• Like Like x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Christopher2200

Christopher2200 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yes I have sharp pains in my ears when something with high pitched sounds. Like alarms, whistles and things of that nature.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Christopher2200

Christopher2200 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks Billie48 I am open to looking at anything that anyone posts on here that might help me with coping with my problems. When I got out of the hospital a couple weeks later I started drinking really heavy and took a lot of pills trying to overdose with alcohol and pills. My mom come in and found me in a bad state.

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      how long have you had this pain? just when your tinnitus worsened or longer?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Christopher2200

Christopher2200 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Around 4 years as my tinnitus got worse.

8. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      You may want to post for support in the Hyperacusis Support Forum as your condition points to H with pain. Some H comes with pain and some don't. We have members such as @Telis who have had that condition and the last I have read his posts he was getting better from it. Perhaps if he responds here he can give you some advice. Anyway, the H support forum should have a much larger readership than the Introduction for members with H condition. Hope you will find some support there. God bless.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Christopher2200

Christopher2200 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I've had tinnitus for several years now. Over the years it just keeps getting worse. I feel like I've lost everything in my life. Just about a month ago I resigned at work a job that I loved had been their for 18 years. I suffer from anxiety and depression as well. Since losing my job I have just gotten worse. To the point of contemplating suicide.

10. Agatha

Agatha Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      It will get better. Tried antidepressants?

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Christopher2200

Christopher2200 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yes. I have been on them for several years now.

12. Bndsmheowqhe

Bndsmheowqhe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      When you have a mental illness and Tinnitus everyone assumes that you must be imagining it or overreacting. Most people can be incredibly ignorant about both conditions.

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Christopher2200

Christopher2200 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My psychiatrist wants me to bring her a note from audiologist that states I have tinnitus and not just imagining it.

14. Bndsmheowqhe

Bndsmheowqhe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      Find a new one.