New Here, Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Cactusflower, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Cactusflower
      In pain

Cactusflower Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Glad to find a forum to talk about tinnitus. I'm female, 57 and have had this awful problem for a few years. However, in the past year it's become really bad and it's getting overwhelming.

I have PTSD and depression. My doc prescribed wellbutrin about 6 months ago, and while my mental state has definitely improved, my tinnitus us much worse. If I stop taking wellbutrin I know I will spiral downward. I've tried getting off it and I was in a very bad place.

I don't know what to do. The screeching in my ears is unbearable. I have white noise machines in every room in my house and it doesn't help.

Julia

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Samantha R

Samantha R Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Cactusflower
      I am so sorry to hear about your increase in tinnitus.
      Have you spoken with your doctor about the Wellbutrin and increase in tinnitus? I have read of some cases on this forum where Wellbutrin is suspected of causing / worsening tinnitus.
      Not saying it is, but it's a possibility and something to consider.
      There is lots of info here on things people have tried to reduce their tinnitus, you may find something that helps you.
      Have you had a hearing test lately?

3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. I have had PTSD, depression, anxiety and panic disorder so I understand your pain with them. Wellbutrin does have ototoxic effect to cause tinnitus as a side effect. Perhaps get your doctor to help you phase it out safely and find a safer substitute.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cactusflower
      In pain

Cactusflower Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you both for your kind replies. I do need to have a hearing test.