New Here, Looking for Anything New

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MarkJU, Oct 28, 2015.

1. MarkJU

MarkJU Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/1961
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gun noise
      Surfing around, looking for things to reduce wind noise while cycling and found this. I've had T since I was a kid, caused from shooting guns with no hearing protection. My dad was an avid hunter and the memories of being out with him are wonderful, but also painful because I remember the ringing after shooting. It eventually didn't go away. After awhile, it became "normal" and I thought everyone had ringing in their ears. This probably isn't an original story...

Anyway, I've been a competitive (amateur level) cyclist for quite a few years now (I'm 64 years old) and I've noticed the T getting somewhat worse with the incessant wind noise, hence the search. I ordered some Cat-Ears, we'll see.

My real interest in joining this forum is to try to keep abreast of the T research and new technologies. I'll be searching the posts and archives until I'm caught up. Nice to be here.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Shawty
      Insomnious

Shawty Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably an ear infection or damage to the eardrums.
      Hey, man glad you've joined. I only just joined myself, so I don't really have super wise advice but still :p. I think I've had T for a really long time now as well but I also thought it was normal because it was never really super problematic or loud until now. The one thing I have to say to anyone at all is try not to use any form of treatment other then your own will. I do this because I don't want to ever forget a certain form of treatment and then have my T be really bad because I don't have them. Of course, if it gets too bad then I'll be sure to turn to treatments but I am just trying to stay away from them. Have a good time on here, and I hope your T goes away sooner or later. :3

3. James
      No Mood

James Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Pulsing 03/2013
      Welcome @MarkJU
      to the forum. Thanks for sharing your story. I have some of those memories too. I hope the ear muffs help you.
      I got a few bikes in the garage, don't ride much at all. I just always liked bicycles, and looking to buy another one.