New here, old tinnitus, from Italy

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Emanuele, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Emanuele

Emanuele Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2003
      Hi everyone,
      first, let me apologize in advance for my not so good english writing. I'm italian and I don't usually speak or write in english so... please forgive me.
      Let's get started.
      I have tinnitus since july 2003. It always had been a high pitched constant "eeeeeeeeeee". In 10 years I went to three different ENTs without results, but I never worried because my tinnitus was really mild. I almost forgot about it during the day and it never caused me any mood problem or sleep loss.
      It may be connected to a dental extraction I had in january 2002 and the following bad habit of chewing almost always on the right side of the mouth.
      The last hearing tests (a year ago) done by an ENT showed that I have a "perceptual level cochlear hearing loss" (erm... google translate...).
      Now the bad news.
      Last week I went to an osteopath. He pressed his fingers on two points for a long time: one just above my ear, the other between the neck and mandible. Well, the same evening, the tinnitus worsened and now, after a week, it's still the same. I'm worried about the possibility that it could stay at this level... or even get worse.
      I'll be seeing more ENTs and, tomorrow, a gnathologist, hoping to find what caused the tinnitus to worsen and, maybe, a way to reduce it and keep it under control.
      I don't give up easily, but I easily get anxious.
      Let's hope for the better... (I don't sound too convinced).

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. Jeff M.
      Breezy

Jeff M. Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      Emanuele, Welcome to TT!! So glad you joined this community! You will find it to be a great resource for support, information, and encouragement!! Take some time (you may have already) and browse through the threads and posts. Lots of good stuff. I am glad to hear you don't give up easy!! Don't give up!! Tinnitus SUCKS, but you will overcome! I pray the appointments go well and you find some relief!! Keep us posted.

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Emanuele

Emanuele Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2003
      I will Jeff, I will. You tagged my optimistic? That's an optimistic evaluation! Let's say that I don't want to fall in a deep deep dark well and I will do everything to solve the problem or live with it (at least that's what I'm thinking right now...).

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. Jade
      Lucky

Jade Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/07/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Genetics, Beats by Dre, Work
      Hi @Emanuele ,

WELCOME :) Sorry to hear about your increased T I hope it comes back down to the level it was at before hand, I have had spikes before that have lasted for a week maybe even more then returned to normal, pls let us know xx

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Emanuele

Emanuele Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2003
      Hi @Jade ,
      in the last few days my tinnitus had highs and lows... mostly lows. Maybe it's returning to normal, but I don't want to rejoice yet.
      Anyway, I planned some medical exams to exclude the worst. We'll see...

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. Jeff M.
      Breezy

Jeff M. Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      Emanuele, I tagged your post optimistic because I am optimistic that you are going to triumph!! I am optimistic that you will overcome and find relief. That's why. I hope the exams reveal something. Best to you!!

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Emanuele

Emanuele Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2003
      Thanks @Jeff, I'm hopeful and, to be honest, I'm FEELING much better :)