New Here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Tinks, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Tinks

Tinks Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/1975
      Hello, I have had tinnitus since I was a kid. It has never really bothered me. It's as if my brain just put it off to the side. If I thought about it, it would get louder but once I focused on something else it would recede again. Well unfortunately it's gotten worse. I'm on antidepressants and just upped my dose from mild dose to a therapeutic dose and I'm wondering if that has something to do with it. I plan on making an appointment with an audiologist Monday to learn more about my particular type. It's like a clock ticking really fast with a constant high pitched ringing along with it. I'm happy to be here, I've never really talked to anyone about it. I'm glad I'm not alone. When I tried to explain it to my husband he just shrugged his shoulders so to speak. I kind of think he doesn't really believe me.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Zorro!
      Wtf

Zorro! Member

Welcome Tinks!

Sorry you have tinnitus. You're not alone here obviously. This is a great site for information and feedback. When you look around a bit you will find that what you are feeling mentally is actually quite common with this malady.

Don't hesitate to ask questions. We're here to help. :)

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tinks

Tinks Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/1975
      Thanks Zorro,
      Last night was the first time my tinnitus interrupted my sleep. I remembered I had downloaded an app a long time ago of sleep sounds. I layered several and found it helpful. I was worried that if it was too loud it could make my tinnitus worse .