New Hum Just Arrived

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ann Roberts, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Ann Roberts

Ann Roberts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Adrenal Fatigue
      I have had a high level whistle for ten years which I live with now rquire happily. Over the last six weeks I became aware of a background hum in the mornings and I had my husband searching for a piece of equipment that needed switched off. However, it has become permanent now and seems to travel with me. It is strange because it does not have the same inner awareness that the high level whistle has. It feels outside of me. I have been taking supplements for Adrenal Fatigue which are working for me but this new tinnitus sound is a bit worrying. Am due to see the naturopath in three weeks and he is going to do some cranial manipulation which he hopes will release 'pressur' causing the tinnitus and hearing loss.
      Any insights welcome :)

2. deb e

deb e Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      due to antibiotic Rulide, taken for pneumonia
      ...afraid I have no insights but I wish you success with your pending treatment.

3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Sorry about the new sound. It may take a while to get used to that. But having multi-tone T is quite common. The famous retired late night talk show host David Letterman is known to have 2-tone T, one high and one low, like yours seemingly. Here is a video of him and William Shatner (Star Trek Captain Kirk) talking about their T back in 1996. Hope things will improve for you. God bless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCdx8aueK9I

4. Mike TerMaaten

Mike TerMaaten Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 20, 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2013 GMC Sierra pickup truck
      Have you had exposure, especially prolonged exposure to Flourecent Lights that hum ?

Maybe too long listening to a Leaf Blower ?

..And of course, any subwoofer or Bass Speakers ..especially in a high SPL enviornment, like the inside of a automobile.

I battle to keep away a hum too. I'm mostly successful.

Recently, had the hum, AND SURE ENOUGH, i remembered i had been around some humming ( noisey ) Flourecent Lighting.

Hope you figure out what it was. Your ears obviously don't like it ( though you may want to disagree with them ) Ears don't lie...... ( so to speak....

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ann Roberts

Ann Roberts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Adrenal Fatigue
      Hi All - appreciate your replies. Don't think I have been exposed to an external triggers that I can remember. Came upon me gradually. Does anyone know is any research has been done on the link to the Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome or to the movement of the Cranium as we breathe? This naturopath says that getting the head cavity to move freely can reliave tinnitus. I am intrigued