New Level, New Sounds, 3 Days without Sleep

Discussion in 'Support' started by pytajnick, Jan 4, 2018.

1. pytajnick

pytajnick Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I've had my bad moments during the year with tinnitus and hyperacusis but never been so close from actually finishing with this madness for good. This is no longer anything remotely similar to "living".

How can I habituate to something so fluctuating, reactive and permanently worsening for no particular reason? Why should I fool myself that it's going to be better when it's getting worse gradually?

I miss so many things that were giving me joy, I miss my sanity the most.

I want to scream for help but I've learned it's pointless. There's none.
      Good luck

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      I remember my ENT telling me to learn to live with it. I hated him for it but he was right. I've made some adjustments in my life as a result of tinnitus and while it hasn't necessarily gotten better, my ability to live with it has.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      pytajnick

pytajnick Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I was trying to make adjustments all the time. But how am I supposed to know which of them were helpful and which making things worse in long term? There's TRT school saying that I shouldn't overprotect and opposite to avoid any exposure. Both of them somewhat apply to me: in negative way. I avoid sounds that most healthy people would consider safe but trying to not to overprotect. Still I am developed developed H and my T increased greatly. I'm sick of making these changes and observing gradual worsening. It just brings the guilt and helplessness.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1