New Long-Time Sufferer Here, Don't Know How Much More I Can Take

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Kevin Reeder, May 21, 2014.

1. Joan

Joan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/1977
      Dr. Nagler--

Thank you for the information. I think I need a new audiologist after a bad experience with her.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kevin Reeder
      Irritated

Kevin Reeder Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2001
      Hi everyone,
      I apologize for now responding to this thread for a while. I appreciate all of your tips.

@Jacob_zjm : I tried that website, very interesting, while the ACRN was playing I noticed I actually didn't hear my tinnitus as much, but the second time I went back to use it the was no sound and hasn't been every since...any idea why that might be?

@jimH : I have not tried the Magnesium Chloride. I'll be checking into it. Thank you!

@billie48 : I haven't tried either one of those treatments you mentioned, and I'll be checking out that book for sure. Thanks for your feedback.

@jacomien : Thanks for understanding! It's helpful just knowing I have a place to go now where people understand. I'm feeling a bit better, but the ringing is no different.

@Karen : I completely understand the roaring and pulsating. Though mine only very rarely pulsates these days, to say mine roars would be completely accurate. 99% of the time it actually rings at two different pitches and it's a constant battle tried to get to a place where I'm at peace with it. I'm a 12 stepper, and it is something that, while still looking for other sources of relief, that I've started working steps on because of my powerlessness over it. I appreciate your feedback. I will be checking into the Magnesium Chloride and talking to Dr. Nagler about the TRT. Does acupuncture help?

@Joan : I commend you on your strength. My tinnitus is going on 14 years, but to have dealt with it for 30, your resiliency inspires me! I also use multiple masking devises: a sleepmate white noise generator, an app on my iphone that allows me to combine 4 different nature sounds, and a wind tunnel fan, all of which sit directly beside my bed when I sleep...or try to that is. Hang in there and imagine how amazing that day will be when we all find relief:huganimation:

And just as a side note, I apologize for the way my original post came across. When I read it after I posted it I realized it sounded like I was suicidal, and that is not the case. Sorry if I alarmed anyone. The fact is that for a while now I've been fearful that I would have to deal with this for the rest of my life and that only in death would I ever find relief. Again, sorry if I alarmed anyone, and thank you all soooo much for your feedback and concern. I can't tell you how much it means to me.