New Lower Tone in the Ear That Is Never Bad

Discussion in 'Support' started by meeb, Nov 1, 2017.

1. meeb
      Sad

meeb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud clubs initially, now louder due to noise & vibrations.
      My right ear is always the bad ear that gets worse, always hearing the tinnitus in the right side of the head too but the other night a new lower tone in my left ear started up.

It went away mostly after a night's sleep but after work the day after it came back and after sleeping it's still there.

I just got over the end of a cold and I usually wake up with blocked ears but without a cold they get blocked at night for years, but they unblock after 15 minutes and the noise is still there all day :(

God, this board software is unresponsive, anyway, I remember edthat I took a pretty workout drink before the gym that day but it wasn't much stronger than the usual and these things never effect my tinnitus in this way, plus the fact it called down and got worse again the day after tells me its something else. Usually its vibration that causes my right ear to produce similar tones but I have been doing the same job for months for it to just start up in my left ear.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi @meeb,
      If you have a sinus problem or allergies you can make extra mucous and while you sleep it can go down the back of your throat and also into your eustation tubes causing problems.
      Love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      meeb
      Sad

meeb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I hope this is the case but this is the first time ever in my left ear so it's worrying, I hope it is temporary.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      meeb
      Sad

meeb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I have been drinking a new protein drink for the past week which includes a long list of amino acids and including 3 branch chained amino acids which apparently can mess with the neurotransmitters in the brain I have read. I am quick to blame it on the vibrations from work as that's what causes some of my tinnitus in my right ear but I've been working here for 3 months for it to just start in my left ear, its too much time for it to just appear in my left ear out of nowhere.