New Member From Greece

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by maria188, Jan 23, 2015.

1. maria188

maria188 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced (club)
      Hello everyone, my name is Maria i'm 26 and i have ringing in my ears caused by going to a clud and sitting near the speaker on new year's eve. So this means that around 3 weeks i have rining in my ears, a high pitch to my right ear and something like 'gas leak's' sound to my left ear.. I think i am already getting used to it and it doesn't bother as it bothered the first 3-4 days.. As i read in many forums i stopped drinking coffee/tea and i drink decaf now also started taking vitamin B12 cause i read it helps.. Before 2 days i thought that it was fading but i guess it didnt.. So i'm patient and possitive it will leave soon..

2. Viktor Salvatore
      Smug

Viktor Salvatore Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7-5-11
      Hope you get well soon. Stay away from clubs...i guess you will wear earprotection and stay away from speakers. You'll be fine. hang tight.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      maria188

maria188 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced (club)
      The irony is that i'm not a club person, i don't go to clubs but it was new year's eve and friends asked me to. Do you think it's ok to watch movies at home without ear protection? The volume is not high not even at 50%..

4. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      You should probably make an ENT appointment to get your hearing checked and maybe get a more professional opinion concerning certain supplements and medications that might help.
      B12 and magnesium are generally a good idea for tinnitus but you may need to get some blood-work done to see if you have a deficiency... Also, since its early days for you, a short course of corticosteroids might be beneficial.

5. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome Maria. You have the right attitude. If you stay positive and relax about it, you will have less stress and can sleep better. These two alone will generally help to reduce the T loudness. Keep being positive.

• Like Like x 1