New Sound. Impact of Magnetic Treatment or These Drugs (Naproxen, Baclofen, Gabapentin) on Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by snow47, Jan 20, 2017.

1. snow47
      Cold

snow47 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think pressure to jaw. I don't know.
      Two weeks ago I went to a dentist and he gave me drugs (Naproxen, Baclofen 25, Gabapentin) and started muscle relaxer and magnetic treatment for my TMJ. I don't have ear fullness any more after this treatment. But I can hear a new sound, like refrigerator noise, in my ear. I don't know it related to drugs or magnetic therapy or ...? I don't know what to do? Continue this treatment or no? I'm worried.

Does magnetic therapy or these drugs have a bad effect on T? Could you help me?

2. Andrea Lopez
      Worried

Andrea Lopez Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral Infection?
      Hi Snow, I too have TMJ and may need to take Naproxen soon as well. How are you feeling now?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      snow47
      Cold

snow47 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think pressure to jaw. I don't know.
      Hi. just don't you Naproxen. It cause damage to your ear.

4. Quiet please
      Balanced

Quiet please Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cochlear Endolymphatic Hydrops/Hearing loss
      I also have TMJ & was prescribed Gabapentin. Unfortunately it spiked the T do badly, I had to stop after 4 days. I also wouldn’t take Naproxin or any aspirin product. I do take an occasional Tramadol & Tylenol combo pill. It doesn’t spike the T for me.

5. Darktale

Darktale Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Accoustic Trauma
      Hello Quiet,

I know your above message is not that recent but if you are visiting this thread back again, can you tell me if your Tinnitus was back to normal/baseline after stopping Gabapentin?
      You said Gabapentin spiked your T and you had to stop it, but most important is : did your T go back to normal after you stopped?

6. Quiet please
      Balanced

Quiet please Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cochlear Endolymphatic Hydrops/Hearing loss
      @Darktale, Yes, after taking Gabapentin, the tinnitus went back to baseline. It took a while, maybe 10 days or so. I seem to be unfortunately, very sensitive to medications in general. Not sure I’m the person to use as an example. It’s honestly so upsetting that I’m so sensitive. Many foods affect the tinnitus adversely too. I really have to watch my diet. A perfect meal would be red meat & a bit of green beans. WHAT exactly is wrong with my DNA? LOL

• Agree Agree x 1