New sound :(

Discussion in 'Support' started by Amelia, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Heard a new sound last night at bedtime. A low fan type sound. Kinda felt like it was vibrating in my ears :(

Thankfully I *think* only heard the original high pitched sound this morning.

Please please please let it have something to do with the cold I have!

2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Amelia,

I don't think it's anything to worry about, especially if you have a cold right now. When you have tinnitus, lots of strange sounds can happen suddenly, for no apparent reason. I often have a vibrating sound in my tinnitus ear. Hopefully, your new sound will be short-lived!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Thanks Karen! Fingers crossed!
      Thanks for letting me vent here - Im trying to not talk about T to my family because I just want to ignore it (especially when my dads is SO bad, I dont want to upset him either)

4. christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      my T sometimes changes to but always goes back to it's regular sound..

5. Cher69
      Fine

Cher69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20/5/2013
      Mine too - changes from a continuous tone in my left ear to a buzz/hum in the night if I wake - Im not sure which I find more annoying ! When I have one I think the other is less instrusive ! But I do all the time get odd moments of fleeting T. Im also starting with a cold - my first one since T - so Im a little worried about my T - I guess we all become super sensitive about ears and sounds once we take time to analyse every noise we hear!!

I was watching the film 'Hunger Games' with my daughters and in the film there is a sound a high pitched tone whilst a scene is set and the atmosphere builds - I was convinced it was me another flipping T moment - only to find out we all could hear it and it was on the film !

Cher x