New Sound?

Discussion in 'Support' started by christine kauhane, Oct 7, 2013.

1. christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      last night i awoke with this super high pitch ring something that i have never heard???( siren sound) i could not believe that was coming out of my ear, first thing i did was prayed ! i had T for the past 3 months and the ringing has been ok but today it's out of control? will it go down in sound???? maybe i ate to much salted foods? can you share some of your stories if this happened to you.... thanks..

2. Carlo
      Balanced

Carlo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2013
      Christine,
      it happened to me 2-3 weeks after the onset, I awoke with the same sensation. The next morning T was louder, then it lowered. I couldn't connect to any specific event (drug, food) except that i was feeling so stressed...
      So, don't worry!
      Carlo

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      how long before it lowered?

4. jazz
      No Mood

jazz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      eardrum rupture from virus; barotrauma from ETD
      Please don't worry, Christine! Weird things like this just happen when you have tinnitus. It can happen at any time, but you'll go back down. As long as you didn't expose yourself to damaging loud noises or take ototoxic drugs, spikes are normal and to be expected. I've had tinnitus for a little over a year and will still get a loud, nasty spike several times a month. Mine usually lasts one day; I tend to reset over night. But sometimes the spike will go away while I'm sleeping then reappear a few hours after I arise the following day.

Though how long a spike lasts may be unpredictable, most people say a day or two and then it's over. If it lasts a few days longer, don't worry. I know you'll be unhappy; that's normal. But try not to dwell on the noise. Keep yourself busy, and tell yourself that it will pass. And it will. Worry too much will only draw your attention more to the noise. You need to stay calm and steady.

There are many triggers for a spike, but stress and inadequate sleep are top on the list. The good news is that over time, your spikes will become less. Since this is your first spike in three months, I'd say you have an excellent chance of quickly recovering and having your tinnitus return to its baseline very quickly! (And, yes, I've had many sirens in my head; it's not an uncommon sound, but it is very distracting.)

On eating too much sodium, it is possible you had a salt spike. Sodium can affect you blood pressure, and high blood pressure is associated with tinnitus. But you'd have to test it again to be sure.

5. Carlo
      Balanced

Carlo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2013
      24 hours, more or less. I agree with Jazz, you'll back down

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      thanks that makes me feel a little better, and i am keeping faith lol......

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      just wanted to thank every one who posted above, my T went back to normal my prayers were heard thank you Jesus, i'm so blessed that this site is here for people like me I really dont know much about this T thing but you all were right , thanks so much.....