new to all this

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by rena, Sep 22, 2013.

1. rena
      Chatty

rena Member

Tinnitus Since:
      nov 2012
      nov 2012 had burn out /breakdown illness
      started with ringing in ears put it down to medication i was given and the stress
      2013 may
      still have ringing in ears some days louder that others
      stress symptoms gone and think i am now recovered from the burn out but still did not go back to the dr until i was desperate for sleep
      so zolpidem prescribe 5mg i take it when i am desperate for sleep appointment with audiologist on the 24th sept to confirm if i have tinnitus

2. frohike
      Approved

frohike Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Hello Rena, welcome to the forum. Have you tried melatonin? it's not addictive, so you can take it everyday if you like. I don't use it myself, but some users of this forum do.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      rena
      Chatty

rena Member

Tinnitus Since:
      nov 2012
      hi thanks for that i am off tomorrow to see the audiologist for the first time i live in france so i am interested to see their approach to tinnitus treatment and will ask him about melatonin and will also give it a google

4. christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      Hi rena when i first got T in my rt ear i was put on sleeping pills cause i could not sleep , but after 1 week i stoped due to the side affects it could cause. i had T for 3 months now and i sleep with out sleeping pills ,but there are those nights when my brain is so active i take melatonin and it helps me alot .... i take 5 mg but i don't use it every night maybe once or twice a week.. you should give it a try......

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      rena
      Chatty

rena Member

Tinnitus Since:
      nov 2012
      hi i have now been diganosed with TMJ and have visited the dentist and am now having a mouth piece made to wear overnight !! still on the sleeping tablets am going to start exerciseing my jaw to see if the helps

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      rena
      Chatty

rena Member

Tinnitus Since:
      nov 2012
      ps my husband says mabey i should stop talking !!!!

• Agree Agree x 1