New to Forum, Old to Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Rene, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Rene

Rene Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2006
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      panick attack - stress
      Hi,
      I am from Greece, i am 29yo and i ve had T since 2006. Best guess is that a panick/anxiety attack caused it, after not treating it with a suitable professional. I struggled with it and the extra stress it provided for about 6 months, simultaneously batling a form of deppression because of it. Then i think i just came to terms with it overtime, since there was nothing i could do. Now, 8 years from that day, i ve come back to day no. 1 because of some recent events. And i realised that here in my country there is literally not a single soul i can turn to. Most of the people dont even know T is a thing. Not a support group, nothing. So, i feel really lucky to have found this forum because it makes me feel less alone to the battle of living with it. T sufferers, i strongly believe are exceptional.
      Thank you!

• Hug Hug x 6
      • Agree Agree x 2
    2. Vincent R
      Caffeine

Vincent R Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      @Rene

Well, welcome to TT. There's usually a warm shoulder to be found here when you need someone to listen. May I ask what recent events that caused you trouble?

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      Welcome Rene! This is a great place to get advice, support and make new friends. We share your issues and your pain, so you're never alone.

God bless,

Sailboardman

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Welcome @Rene - we are a forum full of supportive people and I'm glad you have found us - although I do wish T didn't exist and none of us had a reason to know each other.

The positive I took from your post was that you did come to terms with it prior to your recent spike. Hopefully it won't take too long to get back to that :)

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rene

Rene Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2006
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      panick attack - stress
      Hieveryone and thank you for your support!
      @Vincent R i recently broke up and also changed job. These changed my everyday routine and of course added stress. @Sailboardman thank you too, i wish we all take it one day at a time to make it easier!
      @Amelia i couldnt agree with you more. I also wish we didnt have T as a reason, but at least T gives us some good things!
      Thank you for your support.
      I ve learned a lot from T. I ve found that living with it and not letting it interfer in your everyday life and your social life, needs a great amount of strength. So, we are strong. All of us.
      I m just having some bad weeks, but it wull pass.
      I try to eat healthy, to work out, to not drink much alcohol or caffeine, i m trying to quit smoking and when i go out i wear ear plugs. But all these in the "one step at a time! Mode, cause as we said, its not easy changing you daily routine drasticly without adding stress.
      Recently i think i noticed that salt temporarily worsens my T. Has anyone noticed that?
      Thank you again!

• Like Like x 1
    6. maria188

maria188 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced (club)
      hello Rene, I'm also from Greece. I have tinnitus for almost 2 months now(noise induced). Luckily i think I've got used to it pretty fast. I hope this forum helps you cus it helped me. You are not alone..

• Hug Hug x 3
    7. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Rene,

Sodium, sugar, caffeine, tobacco, alcohol, can induce more T noise in some cases. Try experimenting with one at a time, to see what increases your T.

I find sugar and sodium are killers, but a few glasses of red wine at night, calms it down? Probably because it relaxes me.

You can Google a list of foods that affect T. But again, it can be different between individuals.

God Bless!

Sailboardman

• Like Like x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rene

Rene Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2006
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      panick attack - stress
      Thank you @Sailboardman , i ll check them out one at a time!!
      @maria188 nice to meet you considering the circumstances! Really glad you didnt let it affect you, keep on doing what works for you!!

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rene

Rene Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2006
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      panick attack - stress
    10. maria188

maria188 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced (club)
      I went to a club on new year's eve and the sound there was too bad and loud (bad quality). After leaving the club i had classic ringing in my ears. The next day when i woke up i still had it but on lower level. It's been 2 months now and i still have the ringing which i'm used to it, off course i hope for it to leave, we have to be patient. (I live in thessaloniki btw)

11. kayla
      Chatty

kayla Member

Tinnitus Since:
      14/01/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      still trying to find out
      hello rene
      im kayla from the uk i cant belive how long you have had it you must be a strong person!
      ive had it for 7 weeks now and in the beginnging process of trying to find out whats causing it i have have no idea nothing happened!other thn the doctor saying my ear drum are dull and i may have had an infection
      i am lucky here it is a reconized condition and we have have a tinnitus clinc which im yet to go to but the down sound like you i have no real people to talk to this ive found this group at the right time
      kayla x

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    12. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Rene,

My T came about, right after a case of gastritis, (which I've never had before) so it might have been viral in nature?

However, years of loud music, concerts, clubbing, MP3 players with earbuds, power tools and using a big riding lawn mower, without hearing protection, etc., etc., didn't help! Who knew about this Nasty thing?

The weird thing is, my Mom, brother and sister, have had it for a long time and never said anything? They say, after years of having it, they don't hear it anymore. I kinda wish they would have said something!

My brother got it from a virus, my sister from a head injury, my Mom, she's not sure? Maybe it's also hereditary in some cases?

Keep the faith and have patience. It appears we can overcome this demon with time. (and for me some nice red wine!) };-)

God bless and stay in touch.

Sailboardman

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    13. Vincent R
      Caffeine

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      It was an incident at a gun shooting club that got me. I was aware of the risk of getting T because of firing guns, but since they we're only using airguns that evening I thought it was safe to at least try it out. Nom I'm stucked with this T-bullshit for life :banghead:

I can't say I cope with it very well, bit five months into it I noticed that it won't make me crazy, psychotic or whatever, so I'll just try to do the best out of my life situation. Babysteps ...

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    14. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Mine can on from a nasal rinse (like a netipot) I think I forced the water through too hard

15. Ricky81
      Worried

Ricky81 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 14, 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Assault/Contusion/Ear Infection
      Did you wear hearing protection? I thought ear muffs help. Let me know.. I have to go shooting this weekend. I wear ear plugs and on top put on ear muffs when shooting.

16. Vincent R
      Caffeine

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I never got a chance to use hearing protection, because the fella who showed me how to shoot emptied it from gas by firing it unloaded, without give me any warning.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    17. Joe P. Tamborra
      Inspired

Joe P. Tamborra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic neuroma tumor
      Hey Rene, I hope you are doing well these days. Myself I have good days and
      bad with the T. It is not easy living with this affliction, but God has been gracious
      enough to help me to carry on with my life in spite of the hardship. I'm sure you
      have found several coping skills to help you with the bad days T can bring. It does
      seem to get somewhat easier over time, but after 3 years of T, it still challenges me
      to the core. I have been a Christian since I was your age and am now 56. I do not
      know how people cope with this without God in their life. I've experienced many
      of life's hardships, such as a bad marriage, financial problems, and a tumor on my
      auditory nerve in my head; but tinnitus has been the most challenging of all. Without
      faith I would have given up a long time ago.

• Like Like x 1
    18. uncle vikin
      Musical

uncle vikin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Subjective tinnitus r ear cause ( unknown)
      Hi Rene, so you noticed T when you we're 21. You must have found ways to cope with it over the past 8 years. I have had T for 9 months . I had to take a 4 month leave from work .I am back to work and also work another job too, staying busy helps me. I believe my T is habituating or my ear is healing. How does one know the difference if the ENT did not find anything physically wrong with the ear. Oh we'll life goes on, I agree the people on TT are stronger than most and are just more able to understand our condition more than people who don't have T and just say oh am sorry .It is not something others can't understand unless they have it, anyway glad you are here .You are amongst friends. Uncle Vikin

• Like Like x 1
    19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rene

Rene Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2006
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      panick attack - stress
      Hello eveyone!
      I know its been a while since we last spoke but here are the news.
      I accepted a new job offer where my T was an obstacle and i had to be transferred at another posistion. I now am very pleased with the outcome of this situation. Turns out that working out has worked weel for me since it relieves stress and also makes me feel better from the inside.
      I still struggle some days but i often use my levels of T to inform me whether i am stressed or tired or in need of water. So that works for me pretty fine.
      I really hope all of you are fine and would be really glad to hear your news!
      Cheers!