New to Forum

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Juice564, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Juice564

Juice564 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2011
      Hello all,

Names Justin I've been lurking around Tinnitus forums for a couple years since I woke up one morning after loosing some hearing and getting tinnitus in my left ear. I got the constant never goes away high pitch hissing just in the left ear due to about 75 db hearing loss in the 6k range. Always took my hearing for granted and had to keep blasting that metal music but I'm past the blaming myself stage....

Sooo much of what I read here sounds so familiar. Just remember we are all in this together and you have to get through bad days to get to the good. Hope to be a contributor on here in the future and nice to meet you!

Fyi: I was lucky enough to take part in the AM101 study here in the states. Unfortunately for me the treatment had no effect, but there is the possibility I may have gotten placeabo but I may never know for sure.

2. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Howdy Juice! Welcome!

You should be able to find out if you wee given a placebo or not. Seems that would only be fair in case one did get the placebo and they wanted to try the real thing.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Juice564

Juice564 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2011
      Thanks Calin,

Yeah I was told eventually when the study is finished I'll get a copy of the results. Hopefully then I'll be able to determine which group I fell into.

4. Hudson
      Cowboy

Hudson Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      I would be so pissed off if I found out I had been in the placebo group. It's what we agree to when we sign up to be guinea pigs though. :)

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Juice564

Juice564 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2011
      Well I would have been more upset had I not at least given it a shot. But yeah I hope to not read someday that I was Mr. Placeabo