New to Forum

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by speedotron, Jan 16, 2015.

1. speedotron

speedotron Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2013
      Hello friends. I first noticed hissing in my left ear shortly after my mom died in 2013. It was a very stressful time in my life and i think stress had something to do with causing my tinnitus.

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Yes, I have heard the passing of a love one especially the mother can trigger tinnitus. The lady janitor in our office whose husband also has T told me about how her habituated T started, right after suffering the loss of her mom. Her T bothered her to the point that she had to see her doctor and was told 'try to live with it'. It upset her but It was years ago though and she has habituated. The moment I talked to her about T, she said she could hear her T when we talked about the subject of T. Go figure.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Teresa1958
      Wishful

Teresa1958 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/06/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      stress/uncertain
      I have developed T June 2014 after my mom passed away. This time was extremely stressful for me as I didn't get much rest or sleep. I am still trying to cope with this load hissing sound. Hopefully I can habituate soon or the sound tones down.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      speedotron

speedotron Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2013
      Mine is a hissing too. And is exasperated by stress. Thanks all for posting and the welcome :)

5. uncle vikin
      Musical

uncle vikin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Subjective tinnitus r ear cause ( unknown)
      Stress is tied into the limbric part of the brain the emotional part of the brain so losing a loved one could easily trigger T.Untill you habituate which can and most likely will happen usually within a year to 1 1/2 years.w TRT or some other treatment. Very sorry to hear of your mom passing . Huggs and welcome to to tinnitus talk. uncle vikin