New to Pulsatile Tinnitus!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Juliebenita, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Juliebenita

Juliebenita Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello. I started having pulsatile tinnitus about 8 months ago and have been to many doctors and had many scans taken. If I press on my neck I can make the whooshing go away. Other than that the PT is constant and I am also having headaches. I am a healthy 39 year old female. No one has any answers for me. I would truly appreciate any advice as to what my next steps should be. Thanks!

2. whale
      No Mood

whale Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/25/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Myofascial crap Bruxism, a jackhammer, stress who knows
      I assume your hearing is good , no infections or wax checked by an ENT. then my assumption would be TMJ (TMD) Go to a DDS that specializes in TMJ (TMD). The Temporomandibular Joint can inflame next to the ear and cause ringing. and all types of issues neck up. pressing on the neck is one of the test for Temporomandibular Joint and I'd guess a good sign a Dentists that specializes in this might help. Another neck connected issue could be an upper cervical misalignment, I have heard an specialized "upper cervical chiropractor" can relive pressure from the neck.

3. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, Julie,

Another suggestion - If you've had a number of tests, and have not gotten any answers from your current doctors, you could try sending the scans out for a second opinion. There are several doctors mentioned on Whooshers.com who may be able to view your scans (for a fee) and give you their opinion.

One doctor that a lot of people have contacted is Dr. Maksim Shapiro in New York. Another is Dr. David Eisenman in Baltimore, MD. There are others who are knowledgeable about PT, as well. For a list, I believe you can find lots of information about it on Whooshers.com.

Best wishes,
      Karen

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. whale
      No Mood

whale Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/25/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Myofascial crap Bruxism, a jackhammer, stress who knows
      Some TMJ dentist go by Neuromuscular Dentistry

5. AUTHOR