New to the Forum but Not to Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by hzarabet, Sep 10, 2017.

1. hzarabet

hzarabet Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2006
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Rock music? Mowing lawn? Who knows?
      Hi all:

Tinnitus sufferer since 2006. I was working late at night into the morning and was very tired. All of a sudden it "turned on". Figured, OK I'm tired. This will go away in 30 seconds. 11 years later...still there. 24/7/365. Loud!

Tried a naturopath. Waste of $$$$
      Tried a chiropractor. Waste of $$$$
      Tried B-12, Folate, etc. As far as tinnitus goes, waste of $$$$

At 58 I am at a point of giving in to hearing aids.

Any comments, ideas, ANYTHING helpful is appreciated!!!

• Winner Winner x 1
    2. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      Hi @hzarabet and welcome!
      As you are considering hearing aids, I assume you have hearing loss. How much hearing have you lost?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      hzarabet

hzarabet Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2006
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Rock music? Mowing lawn? Who knows?
      My hearing loss is a distant second to the tinnitus. I do not know the exact amount. I am really getting them for the tinnitus

4. Pretzel Boy

Pretzel Boy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mieners Disease
      Yes Pal, it sucks. I was diagnosed with Meniere's disease in 1997. Ringing in my left ear was slight but constant and hearing loss was only 10%.

Doc told me he thinks I have Meniere's disease and then told me what it is. He was 100% right. Ringing in ear never went away and seven years later my hearing was really bad in the bad ear.

Then the dizzy spells started - eventually (if you have dizzy spells) I recommend a Gentamycin injection. You will then become completely deaf in the bad ear but your Dizzy spells will go away... I'm now 60 and the ringing has gotten to a point of no return - on a scale of 1 to 10 - its a 10 and it get worse after I eat something, almost instantly?? Find a cure and let me know..

5. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      Are you considering hearing aids with maskers then? My situation is very different from your situation, as I have a profound hearing loss with reaction to sound. I haven't tested well with aids or maskers but there are many people on this forum who benefit greatly from using hearing aids and masking. I hope you can find someone here with better experience and better advice regarding hearing aids. I wish you well and I hope you find support here.

• Creative Creative x 1