New to the Forum!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Liam92, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Liam92

Liam92 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      Hi TT.

I've been lurking these forums for some time now and just recently signed up to say hello.

I got my Tinnitus from a night out with friends at a nightclub on Halloween which was indeed pretty loud, even my friend said it was abnormally loud, but as we were drunk our thinking wasn't the best and I should have left... But yeah, we never think about these things until it's too late and hindsight is a beautiful thing!

Anyway, I have the sort of old CRT TV type sound 24/7, and sometimes I get little electricity type sounds going about in my head now and again and even at night I get a sort of sound that's similar to listening to a washing machine through a wall/door

I'm coping fine now tbh, well I think I am. It all gets better with time, you just learn that it's there and Humans are by far the most adaptable animals that roam this earth, we can adapt to anything. So anyone out there reading this, things do get better :) I promise. We can and we will adapt, give it time.

Thanks for reading guys,
      Liam

• Like Like x 4
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Thanks Liam for the positive message. Yes we need to learn acceptance and adapting to the new normal of having T around. We can try to improve on the condition by various means, but by willing to accept and adapt the reality, we can spare the emotional storms generated by the otherwise stressed out brain.

• Like Like x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Liam92

Liam92 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      Totally agree Billie, stressing out over it will only cause you to focus on it more and in-turn make it louder or perceive it louder, so try and keep stress to a minimum and accept and adapt, It's a lot easier said than done, that's for sure BUT it can be done. :)

• Agree Agree x 1