New to the Group

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Lynette Anderson, May 30, 2016.

1. Lynette Anderson

Lynette Anderson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi there my name is lynette,

I first developed tinnitus when i was about 7 and over the years it been tolerable as when it usually starts I can tune it out, I'm now 44 and in January I took a really bad dose of the flu, which brought it on with avengence, since then it's just been constant, it feels like it has different pitches in both my ears, I've recently noticed that when i put the TV on or play some music it gets louder over whatever sound is going on round about me, about 2 months ago I went to the doctors about it and he said i had blocked ears so the nurse cleaned them out for me, it has only made the sound worse since then, it's so loud now that I'm finding it difficult to sleep, have even tried the white noise sound to see if that helps and but it's been a no go.

I just feel like I'm at the end of my rope with it all cause it's driving me crazy and don't know what to do next, does anyone have any suggestions I'm happy to try anything to make things better

2. Hopeful1
      Depressed

Hopeful1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      I think you need TRT Tinnitus Retraining Therapy

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk Lynette.
      Playing natural sounds played below your tinnitus sound throughout the night will help most people.
      Your brain will have to listen more to push through the tinnitus sound to pick up your natural sound you have chosen.
      This helps to train your brain not to focus on Tinnitus and works it's magic while asleep.....lots of love glynis

4. william adams
      Wishful

william adams Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      one week after leg surgery plus hearing loss in higher freq.
      See your Dr and get some meds to calm you down and perhaps something to help you sleep. I suggest an exercise program to lower adrenaline to calm you further. Avoid salt, sugar, caffeine, and alcohol. I took low dosage of xanax and ambien to sleep in the early part of my T when I was upset all the time and had trouble sleeping. Took 0.25 xanax three time a day and I felt much better. In time you want to ween off although in low doses they arent likely to be addictive for they werent for me.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lynette Anderson

Lynette Anderson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you all for your words of advice, I just hope I can get some relief from this soon or learn to deal with it a bit better than i have been doing

6. Groovemyth

Groovemyth Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Genetic
      I first noticed my tinnitus when I was about 6. 32 years later and I find it is getting worse, but I find that it gets much worse during times of high stress and anxiety.

When it affects my sleep my doctor gives me sleeping tablets that I take for a few days in a row and then I find that gets me back not a better sleeping pattern and I manage to fall asleep before the noise has a chance to upset me. I also use a fan (or air purifier) in the bedroom all year round.

7. Ctw
      Tired

Ctw Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi! New to the group. Anyone have advice on TRT?