New To This....

MrFoulGuts

Author
Feb 6, 2015
Tinnitus Since
February 2nd 2015
Sup everybody, FoulGuts here.

Well, lets start off by saying I'm 18 years old going on 19 soon. I exercise daily, mostly heavy lifting, no Cardio whatsoever.

It was my friends birthday about 4 days ago, hes shipping off to boot camp soon so we decided to go out shooting one night. We went to his house, picked up a Sig Sauer .45 ACP and left to go shoot out in the country. 9 round magazine, 3 of us and we each shot 3 rounds. It was my first time shooting, and both my friends have been shooting for quite some time now without ear protection. This is when my stupidity clicked and went off to shoot without ear protection cause I was just so excited to shoot for the first time. After my 3 rounds, i noticed ringing in my ears and i knew it was temporary ringing. The first night, it drove me nuts, i couldn't sleep, but ended up falling asleep. Woke up the next morning and the ringing had died down a bit. Now, it's really not that bad. I can handle it. I can sit or lay down in my room silently for hours without it bothering me. I'll be able to hear it, but sometimes I don't know if it goes away or my brain just ignores it.

I have seen many forums and answers of some of it going away within months maybe sometimes even years. Read that some guy that was serving in the military had it for 2 months and and had gone away.

The ringing itself doesn't bother me, but maybe the fact that I will never know what complete silence is anymore.

SO, the big question here is, will it go away?

If ear drum ruptured it should heal in a few weeks, but the blood can cause an infection especially if you feel pain. You might need antibiotics.

So you should go see an ENT to make sure there is no damage to your ears. The pain may be related to this. If nothing structurally damaged, then things should improve. Your T is new and according to you is mild. That should give you some comfort that it has a good chance to just fade over time. I guess lesson learned about ear protection.

@billie48 yeah, lesson learned... Shoot a quieter gun next time! Haha just playin, but yeah definitely will start using ear protection. Well, looks like many scientists are coming up with a cure right? Sheds light on a lot of people with severe Tinnitus. Keep ya heads up people... Your time has come.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now